Valued Contributor

Hi Everbody, Maybe some of you could enlighten me on why so many new hosts are being hired. I know Mary with David V. is transferring over from producer, but I have not seen any body leave sice L.R., and many of the ones already there you rarely ever see them. I see a few of the same ones over and over again. I never seem to see Sharon F. ever, Jill B. rarely, Jayne B. rarely,I understand Dan Wheeler's situation, MBR hardly ever, Leah W. just Sat. Mornings. It just seems there are a handful they use over and over and over again. Has anybody else noticed this? Please enlighten me on your thoughts as It just seems this one set of the latest " newbies" are always on. Thank you for your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

I hope your question is rhetoric because I don't know how you'd expect us, the simple-minded customers to answer it.  Maybe some of the old-timers are sick of it and want to work part-time.  I've heard JRT say she's PT.  We don't even know what duties they perform when off-air.  I just hope they're better behaved than some of the current "talent".  The newbies get the overnights, maybe the older hosts were revolting about having to work so many nights.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Would it have anything to do with when you watch the shows, or just particular ones? Even if we don't know ahead of time, some may be leaving. Just a guess.

Honored Contributor

I don't think we can know what QVC's personnel strategy is, but remember they also lost host Lisa Mason who left to care for her husband.  QVC needs to account for unexpected & extended sick leave (hosts and their families) which occurred a lot this past year, and vacations.  In addition, QVC Plus seems to be ramping up more live shows, not just previously recorded shows.  Some of the hosts that were in the wee-hour dungeon are starting to get prime time shows -- both Alberti and Courtney have teased announcements that they are involved in new programming soon, and Jennifer Coffey has been primetime for a while now.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hope your question is rhetoric because I don't know how you'd expect us, the simple-minded customers to answer it.  Maybe some of the old-timers are sick of it and want to work part-time.  I've heard JRT say she's PT.  We don't even know what duties they perform when off-air.  I just hope they're better behaved than some of the current "talent".  The newbies get the overnights, maybe the older hosts were revolting about having to work so many nights.

I thought they worked PT.  I always wondered what "shifts" they were on. 

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

That new small blonde host Katie is one skilled woman when it comes to selling and keeping her personal opinions to herself. I appreciate a host with that selling style and I think she will be prime time in no time. Move over SK, you are no match for this new host! Oh never mind, I think the Q's hosts are like teachers with tenure, Katie will have to climb the ladder.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Would it have anything to do with when you watch the shows, or just particular ones? Even if we don't know ahead of time, some may be leaving. Just a guess.

Thank you for your nice and simple answer. Much appreciated. I use to keep it on all the time for backgroud noise but I found I just could not take all the excessive yap yap and started to turn it off, so maybe I am missing some of the " oldies but goodies".                            Alleycat

Occasional Contributor

Regarding the many hosts on QVC, I, for one, am happy that Mary is now going to be a host.  I always found her to be charming and funny.  Now if we can rid of some of the other hosts that come off shallow, like Courteny Casson.  HOw anybody thought she would be the replacement for Lisa Roberts, I don't know.  And please tell Rachel to stop gasping!  And Pat, please stop wearing black all the time!  But kudos to Alberti, Kirsten, and Stacy!  While I am on this rant, why is Susan Graver on ALL THE TIME??  I agree with another post that said she mutes the sound when she is on!  I loveQVC but the worst time to shop there is from November to December.  It seems they are trying to sell the same products again and again till they are gone.  OK, just some pent up feelings being let out.  QVC is still my favorite shopping network!!!

Respected Contributor
," I understand Dan Wheeler's situation"

Is Dan Wheeler Part time now? Did he get his hours cut ?
Respected Contributor

QVC has several part time hosts, and they have two channels to cover.  They sure better keep hiring.  This is what successful companies do.  Good for them.