Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts who deserve recognition

For the most part I like most of the hosts.  For those I don't care for I just turn them off.  But as far as recognition in hours I think for the most part they request the hours they want to work.  Maybe some do not want a lot of hours like Gabrielle who has small kids.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't think of any host who deserves special recognition.  Seems like they're all doing a job and getting recognized each time they're on the air.  

Esteemed Contributor

@surfk wrote:

I have to say that my personal favorite host is Jennifer Coffey.

jcoffey.jpg

I think she's smart, down-to-earth, very articulate and seemingly always extremely well-prepared.

And there is something about her that's unique and a bit of a hoot.

I totally agree. She is the whole package.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@surfk wrote:

jcoffey.jpg

I think she's smart, down-to-earth, very articulate and seemingly always extremely well-prepared.

@colliegirls wrote:

@surfk wrote:

jcoffey.jpg

@colliegirls wrote:

@surfk wrote:

jcoffey.jpg

@colliegirls wrote:

@surfk wrote:

jcoffey.jpg

I'm a fan, too.  She is always so pleasant and well-spoken.  Her explanations are well-balanced between being informative/accurate and fun/with stories of interest.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

What sort of recognition do you think they should get?  Plaques, medals, certificates, speeches, parades, trophies?  I assume they get a paycheck and that should be sufficient.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I need to say something about Shawn. I find her entertaining, and I enjoy her sense of style.  However............Shawn sells her hear my soul speak jewelry, and alludes to the fact that she has and is going through "very tough stuff".  However, she seems to live a life of priviledge. I understand she went through a very hard time last year, but come on.  She seems to be the new "it" girl among the hosts.  Last night, PM Style - presenting new lash products.  HERBAL is pronounced with a SILENT H.  Don't mean to be petty, but had to get that out!!

Honored Contributor

I tend to agree with wildcat fan who pointed out that this is their job, so they all should be doing a good job or QVC wouldn't keep them on the air.
Contributor

I think almost all of the hosts do a g4reat job. There are a few I don't like to watch as much, but it is more a personality thing with me. I don't watch the guys that much except for Alberti and can take Rick most of the time. I enjoy the younger women on QVC more than the older. I am not that young, but there is just something about their personalities I enjoy more. I think Gabrielle definitely is under used, she may prefer certain hours but I wish she was on more. 

Regular Contributor

Geeesh folks its called an opinion.  I

Regular Contributor

Don't need to be so snarky...what I meant was some deserve better air time slots and maybe their own programming for an area or a product that they like...that's all. Your snark us uncalled for.