Super Contributor

Hosts asking for suggestions from us....

Well, I guess it makes total sense that the hosts are asking us for suggestions on things that we like and what we don't like.  I heard David say in his Thursday chat that they did not have a great January.  I have never heard that information from a host.  It must be pretty bad.   My issue is the prices are extraordinarily high. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts asking for suggestions from us....

@Suneshine wrote:

Well, I guess it makes total sense that the hosts are asking us for suggestions on things that we like and what we don't like.  I heard David say in his Thursday chat that they did not have a great January.  I have never heard that information from a host.  It must be pretty bad.   My issue is the prices are extraordinarily high. 

can't see the forest for the trees.

to me it's obvious

prices way too high for what they are selling 

too many hosts in one show

shipping, yes we have to pay, but offer a shopping cart or on a fashion day some kind of promo

I could go on and on

Trusted Contributor

Let's face it, the economy is not good and going down hill fast.   People have less and less money to spend, even on food, which is rising in price fast.   Decorations and luxuries and large amounts of clothes are items that are eliminated first.    Make up and skin care are nice but are not necessities.    The financial pinch is here and now.   

If people are not in a financial bind already, they are preparing for the disaster that is to come.   One thing good is that more and more people are leaving their house less, afraid of the violence in the streets.   They go out for necessities and jobs.   It's not only what is reported on the news but what we see for ourselves and hear from our friends and relatives.   We are hunkering down.   

Trusted Contributor

We have given many suggestions over the years to no avail.  Now with so many items available elsewhere at better prices/offer etc they will not be able to sustain the current format.  Agree, too many host, entertaining rather that informative.  I still shop here but I wait for FS or reduced price but mostly get ideas here and then look elsewhere. 

Super Contributor

When I see some of the same items at Costco I just marvel at the price difference.  QVC always talked about how they were able to get better prices because of the volume.  Obviously, they can't make bulk deals with vendors anymore.  Rastelli is much, much better priced at Costco.  So is Juniors Cheesecake, Mrs. Prindables and the list goes on and on. 

Honored Contributor

@Suneshine wrote:

When I see some of the same items at Costco I just marvel at the price difference.  QVC always talked about how they were able to get better prices because of the volume.  Obviously, they can't make bulk deals with vendors anymore.  Rastelli is much, much better priced at Costco.  So is Juniors Cheesecake, Mrs. Prindables and the list goes on and on. 

Costco

just got a nice pair of ponte pants there yesterday $15,  very good quality 

Esteemed Contributor

I find it strange and unusual for hosts making this appeal. It seems to me it is the job of the CEO to figure it out, and be accountable for his own failure. Afterall, who is the chief and who are the Indians?

If the CEO and/or the hosts what is going wrong, they might have just read this forum over the years and years as we watched the Q falling apart and nobody cared and seemed to work in opposition to what was needed. 

I've been a very good customer since 2007; however, you've succeeded in driving me out, until I can' stand to watch anymore of the failure I see. 

I'm a big shopper, and I'm fortunate to have some money to spend and spend it I do. But, no longer at the Q. 

I have never seen such destruction as this CEO has brought to the Q and sent it into a downward spiral. 

I'm sorry to say, but it's how I feel. I don't plan on spending the big bucks your way anytime soon. I'm a shopper and am not interested in nonsense, silliness, and bad entertainment.

Honored Contributor

@Suneshine wrote:

also telling that they are tasking hosts with this

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish people around here were hunkering down.
The malls, restaurants and sporting events are jammed packed.

QVC doesn't seem to know or care who their core shoppers are. 

They tried to appeal to the younger demographic, and that hasn't worked. Now they want to gouge their existing customers with ridiculous prices on clothing. 

Kim Gravel, Susan Graver and Denim and Co have raised prices dramatically and decreased quality. 

And the prices of the TSV's are a joke, four or five dollars cheaper than the regular price. Get rid of two hosts on a show, waste of money and very annoying to watch. 

Respected Contributor

I do not see people hunkering down around here.  Just more options now than when the Q first started out.  They use to show case items you could never find any place else.  Times have changed and I prefer to spend my money more wisely for me.  They simply charge too much.  Returns and refunds are a pain as well.  The hosts and air time cost big bucks. 

I stopped awhile back from shopping because it became an easy habit when shut in and those easy pays were tempting.  I still buy but very selective.  I enjoy going to the stores and browsing now that we can again.  Not taking that for granted.  

Glad I walked away and took some effort for me too but now I am over the hump.  I also have been purging and organizing and that for one opened these eyes.  

We all have to do what works for us.