Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts asking for suggestions from us....

I don't have a problem with the hosts asking for suggestions. Most businesses reach out to customer to solicit information.  I know my company reaches out to our customers. I applaud the effort to solicit information from the customer. I know Qvc is trying many way to solicit feedback. I have gottem letters, emails, texts, and phone calls asking for my opinion. Perhaps they will be able to make the necessary changes to return to a better place. 

Honored Contributor

@Suneshine wrote:

Well, I guess it makes total sense that the hosts are asking us for suggestions on things that we like and what we don't like.  I heard David say in his Thursday chat that they did not have a great January.  I have never heard that information from a host.  It must be pretty bad.   My issue is the prices are extraordinarily high. 

@Suneshine   If you want to pass along my opinion, I stopped watching except beauty and jewelry shows (ready to give those up as well) because they show the same items on repeat.

I don't and have never purchased the expensive food. Jewelry prices are too high and choices the same on every show. Clothing, if anything looked intresting, never fit properly when finally arrived and had to pay shipping in both directions and print labels to return....my biggest pet peeve.

Correct...hosts asking/begging for how to keep the channel on air (yes, things must be iffy) is a bad sign.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Suneshine wrote:

Well, I guess it makes total sense that the hosts are asking us for suggestions on things that we like and what we don't like.  I heard David say in his Thursday chat that they did not have a great January.  I have never heard that information from a host.  It must be pretty bad.   My issue is the prices are extraordinarily high. 

can't see the forest for the trees.

to me it's obvious

prices way too high for what they are selling 

too many hosts in one show

shipping, yes we have to pay, but offer a shopping cart or on a fashion day some kind of promo

I could go on and on

I like your list and add host antics, childish behavior, and personal stories.  

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Let's face it, the economy is not good and going down hill fast.   People have less and less money to spend, even on food, which is rising in price fast.   Decorations and luxuries and large amounts of clothes are items that are eliminated first.    Make up and skin care are nice but are not necessities.    The financial pinch is here and now.   

If people are not in a financial bind already, they are preparing for the disaster that is to come.   One thing good is that more and more people are leaving their house less, afraid of the violence in the streets.   They go out for necessities and jobs.   It's not only what is reported on the news but what we see for ourselves and hear from our friends and relatives.   We are hunkering down.   

The single biggest problem is price gouging. Big corporations are having extreme record profits on the backs of consumers. They will never lower their prices no matter how the economy goes. It's all greed and they don't care.

I suggest you read up on the economy in reputable non-partisan sites. Inflation is coming down, stock market is at record highs, new jobs are at record highs, unemployment is the lowest in a decade, spending is up, etc etc. The U.S. is doing better than most other nations suffering from worldwide inflation. Yes, we aren't where we want to be but non-partisan data shows it's better than 2019 through 2022.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

We have given many suggestions over the years to no avail.  Now with so many items available elsewhere at better prices/offer etc they will not be able to sustain the current format.  Agree, too many host, entertaining rather that informative.  I still shop here but I wait for FS or reduced price but mostly get ideas here and then look elsewhere. 

Agreed. I always shop around. I've found that almost everything Q sells can be found elsewhere for less money.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Suneshine wrote:

can't see the forest for the trees.

to me it's obvious

prices way too high for what they are selling 

too many hosts in one show

shipping, yes we have to pay, but offer a shopping cart or on a fashion day some kind of promo

I could go on and on

I like your list and add host antics, childish behavior, and personal stories.  

TY

there were more, but if you have been around here you know the rest 

example today the Vionic rep was showing shoes from home, why Leah should be able to sell those shoes alone 

Esteemed Contributor

I think having the hosts seek input is a good idea if for no other reason than it gives hope someone will be listening.

At least on these boards it seems the frenetic presentations and personal stories by hosts over product information seems to be a primary complaint and is one of the few corrections that can be quickly made. 

Prices, shipping costs and product diversity improvement will take much longer to correct.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

Before COVID, I wrote a detailed letter to the Corporate office.  The only change I have seen is more free shipping days.

If I wrote things on here it would be constructive criticism but would disappear quickly.🪄

When a couple of major department stores closed around me, I could not imagine how I would survive.  As a young office gal and then a mom, I was always shopping for household items and clothing, always updating.  Things have caught up with me, now in my mid 70's, so I really do not need many things.

With a Costco and Kohl's, there are bargains galore.  Kohl's offers coupons and  free shipping several times a year.  Also, when buying over a certain amount, free shipping, this applies to many stores.  I still think of the time, way back at QVC, where you only paid shipping once, not for each pair of shoes or top.

I shop here probably 10% of what I did 20 years ago and do research before I buy now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

I find it strange and unusual for hosts making this appeal. It seems to me it is the job of the CEO to figure it out, and be accountable for his own failure. Afterall, who is the chief and who are the Indians?

If the CEO and/or the hosts what is going wrong, they might have just read this forum over the years and years as we watched the Q falling apart and nobody cared and seemed to work in opposition to what was needed. 

I've been a very good customer since 2007; however, you've succeeded in driving me out, until I can' stand to watch anymore of the failure I see. 

I'm a big shopper, and I'm fortunate to have some money to spend and spend it I do. But, no longer at the Q. 

I have never seen such destruction as this CEO has brought to the Q and sent it into a downward spiral. 

I'm sorry to say, but it's how I feel. I don't plan on spending the big bucks your way anytime soon. I'm a shopper and am not interested in nonsense, silliness, and bad entertainment.

I think your last sentence is the problem in a nutshell.  

I'm a shopper too and I have money to spend.  It's not the economy - the economy is up - doing better all the time.  I still buy from QVC but I don't watch much.  Why - because I can't stand most of the hosts.  The powers that be have ruined QVC.  And now they're asking US what to do about it?  GMAB.  

I will say one thing I wish they'd go back to is more 14K gold jewelry.  I think people want it.  Instead of the gold clad that is junk.

Esteemed Contributor

This is just another attempt to create intimacy with the host. They want you to believe the host is listening to you.

QVC knows what people think.