Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   Wow, I apparently missed this whole awful presentation today.

Seems all the hosting is now speed talking, perhaps with the exception of Jayne B.

And I agree it's repetitive and annoying.  In addition, please stop telling me when and where I should be wearing the clothing and shoes, scarves and hats.  I'm sick of it.  Besides, I have nowhere to go. Cat Indifferent

Trusted Contributor

I really like Caroline and love GAROLINE....but I think there is pressure on these hosts to step up numbers of sales....sadly it changes the approach of each host.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

nor can I.  I'm far too critical of her, so I just window shop the show online after she is off.  Truly I do that for most shows for the same reason.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I didn't watch but I often have to mute Carolyn. Her treatment of the new host sounds like she is threatened by "new blood."

Pretty tacky, Carolyn. You were "new blood' once yourself. I've often seen her being rude to Gary.

Frequent Contributor

I have moved Carolyn over into my ever-growing list of instant channel change hosts.  She is very aggressive.  She needs to be the star of the show at all times.  Even when another person is talking she is in the background with her OK, uh huh, alright .... She has to hold every garment up to her face to model and oftentiimes it is not a good look.  My husband came into the room when Carolyn was presenting sheets and he asked if she was going to hold the pillow case up to her face and model it!  

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   Wow, I apparently missed this whole awful presentation today.

Seems all the hosting is now speed talking, perhaps with the exception of Jayne B.

And I agree it's repetitive and annoying.  In addition, please stop telling me when and where I should be wearing the clothing and shoes, scarves and hats.  I'm sick of it.  Besides, I have nowhere to go. Cat Indifferent

@kindred cats 

Yep agree about Jayne Brown. And Terry Conn is also very pleasant

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I was watching a show awhile back and thought I heard Jane Tracey said she had trained one of the new Show Producers.....that would explain a lot....OR maybe she was just joking????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

I really like Caroline and love GAROLINE....but I think there is pressure on these hosts to step up numbers of sales....sadly it changes the approach of each host.

@Skididdy 

Pressure or not they are annoying the heck out of a lot of us with this hard sales approach.

I don't understand why Management does not understand that.  Most people no matter what you are buying hate pushy, rude, sales people it's a complete turnoff. 

A few weeks back I was looking to purchase a new car. I did my homework. The dealership that I thought I was going to purchase from turned me off so badly on the phone, that when I got off the phone. I immediately crossed them off the list. 

Next... This is human nature. Once again i don't understand why this is so difficult for the powers that be to understand. 

Trusted Contributor

In my opinion most of the hosts are off the charts lately.   Tried to watch a bit of QVC today with Jennifer.... terrible.   She's frantic.    I'm another that has been a qvc shopper for many years.   This year (which is almost over) I bought one item and returned it. They have to go back to being about the products and not the hyper active hosts. I personsally do not need to be entertained.   Just the facts Jack...

Valued Contributor

I'll change this conversation up a bit.

I love Mary Beth Roe! Mary's presentations are wonderful. She always give the product information and truthfully gives her opinion as to whether the product is right for short, tall gals, etc.  She even corrects the info she is given. Mary Beth Roe is a treasure.

Another host I love is Jane Treacy.

She can run circles around the rest of the hosts on QVC.

She is quite a sales person!

Jane proudly talks about her family (her girls), what they're up to and their successes.

I remember when they were toddlers.

While she's sharing her family with us she is selling up a storm!

It's refreshing to hear love of family.

I truly believe the complaints and insults thrown at Jane by members here are born from jealousy and envy.

We women should support other women and their successes.