Reply
Contributor
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎04-12-2014

I ordered and received an OrYany handbag, mistakenly thinking it would be in new and unused condition. When I opened the box, I knew immediately that it should have been sold "As Is". It was not packaged properly and when I looking inside the handbag, the dust bag was missing. Also, there was minimal (acceptable) wear. I looked and the color I want is out of stock, and since it's a clearance item it won't be back. I liked it well enough to keep it if given a credit for the difference between new and as is. I called and spoke with a rep who could do nothing, asked for a manager and he said the same. I will be returning tomorrow.

It's so very unfortunate that this is what has become of QVC. I have been a customer for many many years and now have come to the end of my patience with the very poor Quality Control and the equally poor customer support. It has become insulting.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,802
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Having worked in QC I think I should tell you that not every single item is inspected. But I really object to sending out returns as new. I think a choice should be given to the customer and a reduced rate.

And things that go bump in the night!!
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,325
Registered: ‎03-13-2012
I have never received an item, from any shopping channel, that I suspected was not new. If I did, and i felt the condition was such that I wouldn't keep it, I'd return it. Honestly, I wouldn't call and expect to be given a credit between new and as is, simply because, how would QVC or any company know that you were being honest? What if I received a brand new bag, felt I shouldn't have paid that much, and thought I'd see if I could get a discount? Insulting to think that, you, an honest person, would do something like that's? Yes, it would be. But, we know it happens. These giant companies don't know us, but, I'm sure they're quite familiar with how much they lose due to customer fraud. If you love the bag and really want it, I'd keep it. Personally, I suspect it would be going back.
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

Hi SUHSE39,

Please email the Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your account number and order number and we will see what we can do to assist.

Have a good day!

Kit/QVC Social Team

Honored Contributor
Posts: 63,328
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
On 2/25/2015 Kit - Customer Care said:

Hi SUHSE39,

Please email the Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your account number and order number and we will see what we can do to assist.

Have a good day!

Kit/QVC Social Team

Kit, I think you might have addressed your comments to the wrong person. Suhse was not the OP.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎04-12-2014
On 2/25/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/25/2015 Kit - Customer Care said:

Hi SUHSE39,

Please email the Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your account number and order number and we will see what we can do to assist.

Have a good day!

Kit/QVC Social Team

<p class="MsoNormal">

Kit, I think you might have addressed your comments to the wrong person. Suhse was not the OP.

Thanks for pointing that out, Stevieb. It illustrates my point of the lack of attention to detail. It saddens me. I used to really enjoy shopping with QVC.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 779
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
To the OP, I hope QVC ended up taking care of you as they should have originally. Those of you who haven't receieved used items from QVC must not shop much here. I am a frequent clothes shopper at the Q and many many times I have received used items. I do think those items should have been discounted, but they never are. I live with it. But when I am unable to properly clean the garment, then I return them as defective. If the item is too gross to even touch, I return without even trying to clean..that has been rare. Folks, QVC definitely re-sends out returns.
Super Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎11-03-2014
On 2/26/2015 jGalt said: To the OP, I hope QVC ended up taking care of you as they should have originally. Those of you who haven't receieved used items from QVC must not shop much here. I am a frequent clothes shopper at the Q and many many times I have received used items. I do think those items should have been discounted, but they never are. I live with it. But when I am unable to properly clean the garment, then I return them as defective. If the item is too gross to even touch, I return without even trying to clean..that has been rare. Folks, QVC definitely re-sends out returns.

Of course they re-send returned items. If the item is still in good condition that has no wear and/or tear on it, it can still be sold.

Do you honestly think that at any brick and mortar store, they don't do the same thing? Trust me, they do. If a customer returns an item, and it is still in good condition, no rips, tears, stains, etc, then it goes right back out on to the rack to be re-sold.

Why should QVC be any different from brick and mortar retail stores?

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎12-04-2013

Oh no! How embarrassing! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Karliann - Sorry you had a poor experience. If you still need help, feel free to email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

- Amy

Valued Contributor
Posts: 528
Registered: ‎05-14-2010

Well, I guess when we are all done shopping there, they won't need a CS Department.