Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Not commenting about the vendor or the product, but all I remember about this product over the years is the continuous presentations through the entire day of cutting orange after orange after orange.

@rms1954   Yes, and thinking....what a waste, what a waste, what a waste.  I can't stand to watch it.  So sloppy!

Unnecessary.  It's really not needed.  

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I recall the reviews last year were not good which makes me hesitant to try them?  They show them to be so juicy and I heard not the case. Has anyone had luck with them?

Yes, I bought them last year and they were great.  But, I bought them a couple years ago and they were awful. It's a hit and miss.

Valued Contributor

I bought them last year and was disappointed.  Lots of juice, but not much flavor.  1/2 of the shipment was green oranges.  Ended up using them in my morning smoothie just for the fiber.  QVC ended up refunding me because of the quality of the produce.

Respected Contributor

First of all these are not oranges. The generic term for them is tangelos - Honeybell is a brand name.

When they are good ones they are my favorite fruit in the whole world. Many years ago my parents had a tangelo tree in Florida and the first glass of juice I made I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Our markets generally have pretty decent ones every winter into spring. I'll be getting some tomorrow for 1.49 per lb - I'll get about 6 and if they're good I'll go back for more.

Occasional Contributor

Honeybell day is one of the days when I don't watch QVC.  The overdone cutting, squeezing and raving about them is more than I can stand.   Enjoy the juicing, however, if that's your pleasure.  To each, his or her own!

Trusted Contributor

I checked a better reviewed grove in FL but didn't jump because those babies average out to around $5 per item. I refuse to pay it when theres no guarantee that I will love them. Smiley Frustrated

dee