Honored Contributor

Not commenting about the vendor or the product, but all I remember about this product over the years is the continous presentations through the entire day of cutting orange after orange after orange.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Not commenting about the vendor or the product, but all I remember about this product over the years is the continous presentations through the entire day of cutting orange after orange after orange.

And lots of squeezing. 😆🍊

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I fell in love with Indian River oranges 5 years ago when driving from Miami to Chicago, my then home. My mother said to bring back oranges, so these are what I bought at a farm stand. I squeezed them for juice when I got home and found liquid gold. For a while, I was able to find a nursery in Kankakee IL where they were shipped from Florida. I live in south Florida now and would love to drive the 100 miles N to the Vero Beach area to buy some, but we have the COVID situation which complicates everything now as I'm not sure if the farm stands are open daily. I'd much rather buy in person where I can see what I am buying, so I guess I'll wait.

Respected Contributor

I really hate to see the waste. I don't think there needs to be dozens of Honeybell's cut in half on display, unless maybe they're fake props. Demonstrating with one or two would be enough each airing.  We get it; they're juicy. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, cutting orange after orange after orange after orange.  And make sure you wore a bib because you would surely need one.

It always seemed to me those oranges were more for juicing than eating out of hand.

Respected Contributor

I recall the reviews last year were not good which makes me hesitant to try them?  They show them to be so juicy and I heard not the case. Has anyone had luck with them?

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954   Yes, and thinking....what a waste, what a waste, what a waste.  I can't stand to watch it.  So sloppy!

Esteemed Contributor

The stage crew will get their Vitamin C for the day!

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

And lots of squeezing. 😆🍊

LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I recall the reviews last year were not good which makes me hesitant to try them?  They show them to be so juicy and I heard not the case. Has anyone had luck with them?

My Mother purchased these for my family twice.  It was not good.  Half of them were rotted or beginning to rot.  I told her not to buy them anymore.