Valued Contributor
Ordered a beautiful bag from the Marc Jacobs website Friday morning. Out for delivery today.
Boom.
Trusted Contributor

@spursfan2 , how lovely is that dear!

Do enjoy your new hand purse in a very good health dear, good for you!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

Re: Heres How Its Done....

[ Edited ]

How do you suppose, the volume of shipping at Marc Jacobs site, compares to the volume of shipping at QVC? 

I'm guessing, it might be kind of like my comparing traffic, in my county, which has around 600,000 people to LA county, which has about 10,000,000 😉

I know it's aggravating. I've shopped more, on line, in the last few months, than I had in years, and across the board, it's been slow, to very slow. 

My experience, though, it not always a problem, with the retailer. I had a package from QVC, arrive at my post office, fairly quickly, then sit at the post office for 3 days, before going out for delivery. The same thing happened with a Macy's delivery, only it sat at the P.O. for 5 days.  

I wasn't going anywhere, so, it was what it was! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A small company can take their shipments directly to the shipper rather than wait for pickup so of course it will come faster!!!  Larger companies have to wait for the shippers to pick up or have room for the large volumes of their packages!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

How do you suppose, the volume of shipping at Marc Jacobs site, compares to the volume of shipping at QVC? 

I'm guessing, it might be kind of like my comparing traffic, in my county, which has around 600,000 people to LA county, which has about 10,000,000 😉

I know it's aggravating. I've shopped more, on line, in the last few months, than I had in years, and across the board, it's been slow, to very slow. 

My experience, though, it not always a problem, with the retailer. I had a package from QVC, arrive at my post office, fairly quickly, then sit at the post office for 3 days, before going out for delivery. The same thing happened with a Macy's delivery, only it sat at the P.O. for 5 days.  

I wasn't going anywhere, so, it was what it was! 

Jacobs' leather goods is a part of a large conglomerate, LV and other high end brands are included. They do handle volume, but they have to maintain their status, which includes premier shipping.