Honored Contributor

Had to sign for my Q packages today🤷‍♀️

I heard a knock at the door & was UPS driver.  

I had 2 boxes from Q he said "I'll need your signature to leave your packages".  I said "For a $20 item and $18 item I need to sign, plus I'm in gated community🤷‍♀️".

He explained UPS has been instructed to deliver only with signature from QVC.  If I wasn't here I can only imagine how I'd get my packages...

USPS on the other hand, leaves my Q packages at the curb or by the mailbox.. the driver I guess doesn't want to walk up to the porch.  We have a new guy and I complained to PO because my boxes were soaking wet from sitting out in the rain🤬.  It wasn't anything that could get ruined -- just soaked.

If this is new policy with Q then for sure I'll do less ordering as I don't want to "chase" my packages.

Anyone else having to sign lately for delivery ?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Had to sign for my Q packages today🤷‍♀️

@homedecor1  Such a frustrating experience, I don't understand what's going on sometimes but maybe that's their idea.  

I had a delivery today by UPS but in tracking it was noted that the package was transferred to the post office for delivery - again, frustrating as I was expecting it was delivered up the hill in our development's mail boxes.  Maybe it's the gremlins, lol.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    Have you reported packages lost or misdelivered?  If you've had some it may be a new policy just for YOU.  I've had several that a new driver lost and I wouldn't be surprised if I'd get that too.  They can't ring the doorbell because they'd have to lift their arm 12", despite a sign asking them to do so.  I wouldn't mind signing as I'd at least know there were packages out there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1    Have you reported packages lost or misdelivered?  If you've had some it may be a new policy just for YOU.  I've had several that a new driver lost and I wouldn't be surprised if I'd get that too.  They can't ring the doorbell because they'd have to lift their arm 12", despite a sign asking them to do so.  I wouldn't mind signing as I'd at least know there were packages out there.

@Kachina624 

No I've never had to report "lost" packages in fact all mine show up w/in 10-12 days of ordering.  The hardest part is figuring out how to get 4-5 boxes in the house without the 😳🙄 from spouse or snide remarks like QVC again ...lol

Today I got 2 boxes but more to come🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

No, I live in an apartment building and UPS packages are often left in the unmanned lobby.  One of the drivers brings them up to my door but he doesn't ask for a signature.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

If you have a ringbell, they don't have to ring the doorbell, it will ring when they approach and you can look on  your monitor and see who's there.

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@homedecor1  Such a frustrating experience, I don't understand what's going on sometimes but maybe that's their idea.  

I had a delivery today by UPS but in tracking it was noted that the package was transferred to the post office for delivery - again, frustrating as I was expecting it was delivered up the hill in our development's mail boxes.  Maybe it's the gremlins, lol.

@colleena      I am "up and down a hill" too, with no sidewalk.  Of course, the mailman leaves a key to the package locker in the mailbox.   Trouble is...the locker number is worn off the key...and when I finally find the right one.....the door to the locker is old and hard to open....and I have actually fallen on my ****** trying to get it open.....    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi   It's easy for me to say as I am feeling the same as you w/lthe delivery of our packages, it shouldn't be so hard.

The ups/pos supposedly make it easy for us to get the package, sure they do, I don't want any issues but I don't think they do either so I don't understand.   

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I heard a knock at the door & was UPS driver.  

I had 2 boxes from Q he said "I'll need your signature to leave your packages".  I said "For a $20 item and $18 item I need to sign, plus I'm in gated community🤷‍♀️".

He explained UPS has been instructed to deliver only with signature from QVC.  If I wasn't here I can only imagine how I'd get my packages...

USPS on the other hand, leaves my Q packages at the curb or by the mailbox.. the driver I guess doesn't want to walk up to the porch.  We have a new guy and I complained to PO because my boxes were soaking wet from sitting out in the rain🤬.  It wasn't anything that could get ruined -- just soaked.

If this is new policy with Q then for sure I'll do less ordering as I don't want to "chase" my packages.

Anyone else having to sign lately for delivery ?

@homedecor1 I am getting so sick of delivery issues.  I doubt I will be ordering much for Christmas. I had candles damaged in shipment and a package that was suppose to be delivered yesterday now don't look like it is near my house.  I have no issues from other companies.  I just don't understand.  

Respected Contributor

I have only signed for wine and had to show drivers license and was FedEx. If I had to sign for all packages I would be out of luck.  I work during the day,  

I am lucky because I have never had a missing package.  I've received neighbors package now and then but I just take it over instead of calling UPS.  He normally does a great job but now and then a fill in.