Honored Contributor

Re: Had to sign for my Q packages today🤷‍♀️

@homedecor1 wrote:

I heard a knock at the door & was UPS driver.  

I had 2 boxes from Q he said "I'll need your signature to leave your packages".  I said "For a $20 item and $18 item I need to sign, plus I'm in gated community🤷‍♀️".

He explained UPS has been instructed to deliver only with signature from QVC.  If I wasn't here I can only imagine how I'd get my packages...

USPS on the other hand, leaves my Q packages at the curb or by the mailbox.. the driver I guess doesn't want to walk up to the porch.  We have a new guy and I complained to PO because my boxes were soaking wet from sitting out in the rain🤬.  It wasn't anything that could get ruined -- just soaked.

If this is new policy with Q then for sure I'll do less ordering as I don't want to "chase" my packages.

Anyone else having to sign lately for delivery ?

@homedecor1 

Set up an account on website with UPS MY Choice---As long as the sender doesn't require an adult signature, there's an option where you can presign for the package using your UPS My Choice account.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

hmmm thankyou I learn something new everyday here.

My Q shopping is rare lately but good to know.  I get notifications the day when spouse medicines are being delivered from Optum in a recorded call which I appreciate.

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

hmmm thankyou I learn something new everyday here.

My Q shopping is rare lately but good to know.  I get notifications the day when spouse medicines are being delivered from Optum in a recorded call which I appreciate.

homedecor1

@homedecor1 

UPS will also send you an email asking if you want to continue to pre-sign for your packages to complete the online form......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

This is off subject but I know you collect Jim Shore.  I have a great friend and she is always thinking of me with some kind gesture -- I'd like to get her a Jim Shore piece (she has Christmas train, etc) any suggestions?  Something nice.

thank you

homedecor1

Esteemed Contributor

Hope it is not a policy.  We are not always home and I don't want to chase for the packages.  May I ask which state you live in?  Perhaps the rules are by area or location. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

This is off subject but I know you collect Jim Shore.  I have a great friend and she is always thinking of me with some kind gesture -- I'd like to get her a Jim Shore piece (she has Christmas train, etc) any suggestions?  Something nice.

thank you

homedecor1

@homedecor1 

Jim Shore has so many wonderful pieces---is there a certain category besides trains---she might buy new train pieces herself (are there others??? Does she like snowman, angels, santas, Rudolph, nativities, Peanuts characters???) And what price point you are looking at???? He has "mini" pieces for $30, $74 and on up....?????.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I've only seen a few pieces she has 

my price point probably $50 (she does a lot for me).  

I thought maybe they had a nice commerative ornament or piece. Sadly, we don't have Hallmark stores around here 
where I thought I'd be able to see in person.  

I've not seen his things in any stores here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

I've only seen a few pieces she has 

my price point probably $50 (she does a lot for me).  

I thought maybe they had a nice commerative ornament or piece. Sadly, we don't have Hallmark stores around here 
where I thought I'd be able to see in person.  

I've not seen his things in any stores here.

@homedecor1 

Id stick with an ornament $25 on his website. These are ones id pick for myself--- They jump in price from $25-$27 .  There's none in the $50 range.

Rudolph 2022 – Jim Shore

Heartwood Creek Cardinal 2022 Ornament

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

thank you I love them ALL..I will check out the website.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

thank you I love them ALL..I will check out the website.

@homedecor1 

Just put in ornaments as the search word