Honored Contributor

Re: HSN feeling more like QVC

Totally disagree with the above post.

I found the show to be light hearted, fun and entertaining.  All the 'girls' truly seem to enjoy their jobs and each other.

I found it delightful to watch.

Amy ALWAYS does a great job giving everyones sizes!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes,  very QVC like in that I wasn't sent a 20% off coupon during Andrew Lessmans visit!! Woman Frustrated  Woman LOL  They're a rarity now.

Esteemed Contributor

Ever since QVC purchased HSN I think they cracked down on that 20% off coupon.

I would get them very frequently in the past.

Valued Contributor

20% coupon wouldn't have helped they are still way over priced

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, IMO, HSN has become more like QVC in their prices, not marking down items on a regular basis, increased s/h and fewer free shipping.  I'm sorry to see this happening because HSN used to have great sales at least in comparison to the Q and that seems to have gone the way of the dodo.

Can't really speak about the hosts because I don't watch anyone long enough to truly like or dislike them.

Valued Contributor

This past weekend was one of the few times I've tuned into HSN and I like it much more now. The sets have been modernized, the models aren't moving at 100 mph (did this bother anyone else?) and the clothing show I was watching offered items I've never seen on the Q, or in big box stores (I think it was a Diane Gillman line). I feel like the HSN hosts aren't as polished as the Q hosts, but I since it was only the 3rd time I've watched that channel, I can't say for sure.

Regardless what I like or don't like, it all comes down to profits and sales. If it was 'working', nothing would have changed.

Trusted Contributor

I just hope Qvc keeps a variety. We don’t need more of the same products.Even though I love some of those products from the Q and still want that availability.
Sometimes HSN had more current products and differ brand and designers. In the past they have had PLiner shoes, Michael Kors handbags, Heidi Daus jewelry, Iris Apfel jewelry, beautiful stained glass lamps, craft shows, Lancôme and so on. So I hope they keep the door open.

But the good thing about Qvc taking over is that maybe we won’t have hours and hours of recorded coin collector shows filling up air space.

As for the host Shannon and Colleen are my favorites but I really dont watch an hour of the Q or Hsn all week. I just check on line for what aired today. But I would watch more and probably buy more if something caught my attention and wasn’t more of the same.

Just my two cents!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a coin collector, I enjoy the Coin Shows and have purchased a great deal from HSN.

The shows I watch are always live, broadcast in the early morning hours when the audience is undoubtedly small and consisting mainly of avid collectors.  Additionally, the quantities of most items are scarce, so they generally don't air coin shows during primetime.

I appreciate HSN still carrying the coins and hope there will be room for them in the new world order.

As for your two cents, I'll take them and have them graded!

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

As a coin collector, I enjoy the Coin Shows and have purchased a great deal from HSN.

The shows I watch are always live, broadcast in the early morning hours when the audience is undoubtedly small and consisting mainly of avid collectors.  Additionally, the quantities of most items are scarce, so they generally don't air coin shows during primetime.

I appreciate HSN still carrying the coins and hope there will be room for them in the new world order.

As for you two cents, I'll take them and have them graded!

Well said @Johnnyeager , I stand corrected on that one. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t have cable (I cut the cord two years ago); I watch QVC via Roku.  Along with the live channel, QVC on Roku includes various videos of some of their top recent shows so you can see them again anytime you want (until they’re rotated out for new videos). 

Today, for the first time that I’ve noticed, one of the videos is a new HSN show, “Gardening With Guy.”  The HSN host, Guy Yovan, has his own gardening show now, and the 2/23 show is available on QVC’s Roku channel.