Super Contributor

Re: HSN feeling more like QVC

@Johnnyeager wrote:

In general, I agree that the HSN hosts are much, much more professional and pleasant to view.  They even dress like adults, most of the time   Very new ones like Michelle Yarn and Tina Jennings have fit in seamlessly, with charming personalities.

Sorry to say, I can't say the same for QVC.  At least 2 of the newest hosts have excruciatingly awful voices.

Agree @Johnnyeager.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

In general, I agree that the HSN hosts are much, much more professional and pleasant to view.  They even dress like adults, most of the time   Very new ones like Michelle Yarn and Tina Jennings have fit in seamlessly, with charming personalities.

Sorry to say, I can't say the same for QVC.  At least 2 of the newest hosts have excruciatingly awful voices.

I noticed the Hsn hosts seem more polished, just my impression.  

Esteemed Contributor

Polished is certainly not a word I would use to describe a large number of QVC hosts.

Unfortunately, I have concluded that the bulk of the latest hires are more of same and borderline disastrous, while HSN has been far more successful with its 3 or 4 newer hosts.

Maybe the recruiter from HSN should go up to QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

Totally disagree with the above post.

I found the show to be light hearted, fun and entertaining.  All the 'girls' truly seem to enjoy their jobs and each other.

I found it delightful to watch.

Amy ALWAYS does a great job giving everyones sizes!!!!

@RespectLife , I certainly agree with your thoughts here. In addition, it is obvious to me that the QVC hosts that have these primetime fashion shows are following QVC instructions to them in regards to their demeamor. 

I believe they do this in large part to attract channel surfers, even briefly, which generates sells. 

QVC also has Rick to kick off many of the TSV presentations to garner interest (keep you awake late night)

Respected Contributor

There Web page has also changed to look like Q`s.