Super Contributor

Re: HOW MANY SALES HAS QVC LOST

I have been a very active customer of QVC for over 30 years.  Due to their very poor management and business decisions, however, my bank account is heavy and I find that Talbots is much more amenable.

The free shipping for new customers was just the last straw.

Respected Contributor

Qurate ( QVC) reports thier last quarter's earnings before 930AM ET opening bell of the stock market on Friday November 4, 2022.

Stock Ticker QRTEA..

Let's see what is says....

You can put that ticker in Google and it will pull up all relevant earnings on Friday morning....

So we'll see.....

Thier stock is down about 70% year to date. Not good.

Numbers don't lie.

Esteemed Contributor

The state of the economy has hurt all businesses. But I think QVC was on the decline anyway. It’s an old model that needs revamping.

They are trying to use the hosts as influencers, and it isn’t going to work. QVC’s target audience is not as familiar with influencers.

Whether we like them or agree with them. Influencers can change the profit margins for a business. They are used in a lot of marketing campaigns.

They turn down products they feel will hurt their following.  

Younger demographics are not going to follow QVC show hosts.  

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

The state of the economy has hurt all businesses. But I think QVC was on the decline anyway. It’s an old model that needs revamping.

They are trying to use the hosts as influencers, and it isn’t going to work. QVC’s target audience is not as familiar with influencers.

Whether we like them or agree with them. Influencers can change the profit margins for a business. They are used in a lot of marketing campaigns.

They turn down products they feel will hurt their following.  

Younger demographics are not going to follow QVC show hosts.  

@manny2   You make several good, valid points. The hosts have gotten so pushy and "in your face" trying to sell an item that new customers would be turned off. 

Newer may not mean younger. Maybe Q never thought of that. They need to be attracting ANYONE willing to buy instead of purchasing from other retailers. To me that means compete not turn away the loyal customers.

I wonder if the new customer knows how we feel? They probably don't know about these forums....yet.

I think they'll see maybe one or two items, get their free shipping and be gone in Janurary. They are used to getting good CS, packages arriving within several days and free returns....and how about a true sale instead of easy pay?

After the holidays and the free shipping "reel them in" is over, they'll be back to their usual retailers. They're not getting free returns.

If the younger customers Q is looking for have a half hour to shop online, they're going to stores/sites who are offering 40% off or Amazon. I doubt they'll sit in front of the TV and wade through hours of repeat merchandise that's not appealing. 

If they watch YT and are influenced to purchase something, they can purchase that item where they get the best deal just like most of are doing.