Honored Contributor

Re: HOW MANY SALES HAS QVC LOST

@Qgirl26 You do not need to justify anything to me or anyone about your personal circumstances!!  The OP's post was not asking whether anyone needed to pinch pennies to survives but states: 

"I would have spent about 300.00 if it wasn't for the free shipping for NEW CUSTOMERS.   Am I alone?"

My posts merely stated why I will still buy here and won't cut my nose off to spite my face by holding a grudge against  QVC for their promotion giving free shipping for a few months to new customers.  !  

Super Contributor

Free shipping to new customers doesn't bother me a bit! however the lack of options and quality is whats been detering me from purchasing

Super Contributor

@BalletBabe     I have read all the comments in this string of messages.  You must be very popular because I don't think I have read so many comments where your name is mentioned!  ❤️ 

Honored Contributor

Almost everything (or something nearly identical) can be found elsewhere at lower prices and free shipping. I always price shop which is why I buy so little from Q.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I'm in the minority on this subject. I understand it's a marketing ploy to get new customers. There's no such thing as "free". If they're offering anything free, it means they're tacking on the cost somewhere else. It bothers me more when they charge the same s/h for multiple items. I've wanted to order certain things in different colors before and adding on that $3.50 or $5.50 can really add up. I've also noticed that they rarely offer their "buy more/save more" offers. Of course, if you "save" $3.00 on this offer and are charged $3.50 for s/h, that's not a savings.

@Carolina925   Yes, there are so many issues if shopping here. They'll get their money to keep up with costs however they can. It does geet passed on to the customer eith in price hikes, s&h, etc. 

I never understood $5.50 to ship to me, but $7.95 to send it back...I'm not even "handling"....

@Shanus   The thing is when you can return something to Amazon for free, receive your item in 1 -2 days.  Have it delivered to your door.  Why wouldn't you.  Amazon treats everyone the same and look at their business.   Most retailers are offering free shipping.  People think because they got a lot of new customers that is going to save them??  Nope it won't.  How many times have you seen something with free shipping with a company and ordered and never ordered again from them?  I have many times. People are not home today to watch all day like they were years ago.  When I comparison shop for anything, QVC doesn't even come up most of the time.  I never search QVC for items.  I go to Google and search there, and that is what most do.  Like I said, they rarely show Q  

@BalletBabe   I agree with what you said. I wait for free shipping at sites where I usually order with a free ship for minimum orders of $50. Usually within a few weeks, free ship is offered,  and additional % off. My order arrives in 3-4 days and Amazon same or next day. 

Free shipping for new customers is only a deal if they watch and can put up w/ the immature antics, too many hosts/vendors talking over each other, "prices only until the end of the show" and who's watching all day?

There are many more turn offs than turn ons, IMHO. My bet is after some holiday shopping, they'll be shopping anywhere else but QVC...

Valued Contributor

I don't think the new customers will stay after free shipping ends. The last thing I ordered were candles that took over 2 weeks to be delivered. When they arrived they were broken with glass all over the box. Fortunately, I didn't cut my hand. I probably won't order from QVC again. They should consider giving seniors a discount since those are their loyal customers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had several easy pays on my VISA for expensive items on free ship months ago...1 or 2 payments left. 

Everything was paid in full yesterday so no more checking if payments are credited, returns received and sometimes over a month checking my statement for refunds, etc. 

Q has many more issues than looking for new customers. Anyone who purchases online regularly will see through this and be on other sites ASAP.

Regular Contributor

I think qvc needs to show appreciation to their existing customs.......I found it insulting that new customers get free s&h but long time/ loyal customers get to pay S&H.  Bad decision qvc.   But I also think they need to figure out how to eliminate s& h.....most other retailers have eliminated so buying many items off qvc is cheaper elsewhere due to qvc S&H...so do your research before you buy anything that you can get somehwhere else.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I would have spent about 300.00 if it wasn't for the free shipping for NEW CUSTOMERS.   Am I alone?

Yes

@Pearlee , And you would know that how ?

@QVCkitty1  (1) it is my OPINION. Mosts posts on this board are posters' opinions, in case you hadn't noticed. (2) I don't find the first post in this thread to be credible.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I would have spent about 300.00 if it wasn't for the free shipping for NEW CUSTOMERS.   Am I alone?

Yes

@Pearlee , And you would know that how ?

@QVCkitty1  (1) it is my OPINION. Mosts posts on this board are posters' opinions, in case you hadn't noticed. (2) I don't find the first post in this thread to be credible.

@Pearlee , What I have noticed is that when it is an opinion, usually the poster indicates that it is. And you get to decide what is credible ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan