Honored Contributor

I wish hosts would be trained not to talk over the guest host, such as what is happening right now, and giving incorrect information so that the guest host has to continually correct her.  I would like to hear the guest host, especially the seasoned, who know better about their product than the host of the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

For that exact reason, I find myself watching less and less.........

Honored Contributor

I can't watch most of the hosts for that reason.  Good luck getting any changes though.  I started watching this show but had to turn it off.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I can't watch most of the hosts for that reason.  Good luck getting any changes though.  I started watching this show but had to turn it off.

@lucymo  I was so annoyed that I put the tv on mute and even then, I could see that the guest host wanted to speak but was being polite while the host rattled on and on.  

Trusted Contributor

I have pretty much stopped watching the Q.  If I want something I go online.  The hosts really get on my last nerve with the same inane sales pitch (Fifth Avenue, Hamptons, "rich", etc.)  The other night really got me when PTR jewelry was on and they were talking about needing to wear a certain bracelet walking into a $20 million NYC apartment).  Seriously - this is soooooooooo old and tired and definitely does not sell to me personally - it is a big turnoff.  I also can't stand two or three people talking over each other.  Very annoying.  I want to hear about the item being sold - not their personal life, not a fairy tale.  I find the other channels more "entertaining" and down to earth if I'm going to actually watch a shopping channel.  I should be thanking the Q - I'm saving $$$.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Aren't any of the "higher ups" watching their employees.......

Honored Contributor

Yes.....they should cut the mike, or install a trapdoor, use the "hook"...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

These are not "guest hosts," they are simply vendors with [roducts to sell.  The job of the actual show host is to move the program along, push sales, and update viewers just tuning in.

While you my not like a particular practive, everything done on QVC is carefully crafted to drive sales.  While the "terruptions" may turn some people off, the fact is these actually boost sales. 

Like so many other complaints people have about proramming and product rotation, the people complaining conveniently forget that QVC is programming to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  Not everyone watches television on the same schedule nor can everyone afford to spend hours on end watching a shopping channel. 

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

These are not "guest hosts," they are simply vendors with [roducts to sell.  The job of the actual show host is to move the program along, push sales, and update viewers just tuning in.

While you my not like a particular practive, everything done on QVC is carefully crafted to drive sales.  While the "terruptions" may turn some people off, the fact is these actually boost sales. 

Like so many other complaints people have about proramming and product rotation, the people complaining conveniently forget that QVC is programming to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  Not everyone watches television on the same schedule nor can everyone afford to spend hours on end watching a shopping channel. 

@KYToby  My complaint is that this host was not only preventing the seasoned guest host from speaking, she was giving incorrect information which he had to continually correct her on.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

@KYToby  My complaint is that this host was not only preventing the seasoned guest host from speaking, she was giving incorrect information which he had to continually correct her on.

@KYToby  Just to set the record straight I do not watch QVC for hours on end.  As a 20+ years shopper here I understand the business end of the programming but this constant talking over the vendor or both at the same time stops me from watching and buying as well.  Maybe if one or the other would quit trying to top the other we would get some important info about the item and cut down on returns.  Just sayin'.