Esteemed Contributor

It's 5:30 am and it's already hot

Got up at 5:00 and took my shower. Went downstairs to feed the cats, stepped outside and it's already 94 degrees. Gonna be another lovely day in the Phoenix, AZ. At least it's a dry heat.

Respected Contributor

Re: It's 5:30 am and it's already hot

Wow. That's really hot so early in the day!  We are supposed to hit 90 by the end of the day. But a cold front is coming in tonight (yay!) and will be mid 70s tomorrow. 

Esteemed Contributor

I feel for everybody who has to live and work where it is this insanely hot.

Just thinking about how it's supposed to get to 120 degrees, makes me feel hot and miserable.

Hopefully there won't be any blackouts, due to everybody having their a/c cranked up.

Stay cool, everybody!

Valued Contributor

I know it's a dry heat and preferable to high humidity, but so is my oven and I'm not climbing in there.  My sympathies to those living through this heat wave.  It will pass and you guys will be back to your normal soon.  Good luck and BE CAREFUL!

Esteemed Contributor

Anything over 70 is to 'HOT' for me!Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

It was already 76 which I got up this morning and humid here in Indiana - on the way to 90 - maybe some storms this afternoon.  I don't care if it's dry heat or not - hot is HOT!  Hydrate and try to stay inside! 

Trusted Contributor

There were 4 people hiking yesterday, they had water, that died from the heat.  They don't think it will happen to them. They were in their 20's. Different parts of AZ.

Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

There were 4 people hiking yesterday, they had water, that died from the heat.  They don't think it will happen to them. They were in their 20's. Different parts of AZ.

Sad avoidable deaths. Some people who exercise are so obsessive about it.  They must have no common sense to exercise outside in that extreme heat.

Honored Contributor

When we lived in So. Calif some of our mid-western visitors would want to go into the desert in July!!  I really, really warned them about it.... saying it was not unlike going into a blizzard in Minn deliberately..... only at the other end of the spectrum!!  In both cases, you stay out of it if you can.  They argued that they'd bring plenty of water.... I said it wouldn't matter....

The same with them wanting to jump into the Pacific ocean and swim and swim.....  not understanding the Continental Shelf on the west side that creates riptides, a sudden drop off and all kinds of elements they had never heard of.....   and wouldn't know how to extricate themselves..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

It may be "dry heat", but 118+ is something I hope to never experience.  Sounds downright scary.  Hope it cools down for you folks soon!