Respected Contributor

@NorthernLights wrote:

It's almost like an accountant has been put in charge of programming and acquisition. Every decision is profit based only. Pay no mind to the extreme boredom and burnout of loyal customers. It's almost like it's a gift free holiday for the Q this year. 

What?!  A profit??  How dare them.  LOL  Seriously, good for them.  I haven't purchased lately, and haven't watched most of the presentations since I'm not interested in the products.

Honored Contributor

Re: HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING

[ Edited ]

It's so boring and repetitive, it's mind-numbing!  Must-not-see TV!  Woman Surprised  Woman Frustrated

ETA: And let's not expect it to get any better in January-- that's when we'll see exercise equipment and NutriSystem ad nauseum, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I wonder if QVC management is aware at how unhappy 'some' people are with their programming?  ...but if revenue is up, why would they care?

In order to offer new items, it has to be planned well in advance, so MAYBE 2018 will bring new items and better programming.....or am I just trying to think to positively?

Valued Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@NorthernLights wrote:

It's almost like an accountant has been put in charge of programming and acquisition. Every decision is profit based only. Pay no mind to the extreme boredom and burnout of loyal customers. It's almost like it's a gift free holiday for the Q this year. 

What?!  A profit??  How dare them.  LOL  Seriously, good for them.  I haven't purchased lately, and haven't watched most of the presentations since I'm not interested in the products.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't only consider that as your only determining factor when you are talking about a television shopping base. When the most exciting shopping or gift item you offer are dusters, bio cleaner, and poo pourri you are going to lose customers. Heck at this point I would be excited to see another offering of Jill's soap rocks. 

Contributor

Oh, thank you everyone! I thought I was the only one who noticed the change this year. I work a lot of hours during the week and in past holiday seasons, I have looked forward to having QVC on during the weekends as I planned my holiday shopping. I would always pick up many items from QVC. This year, the programming is driving me mad! Not only the poor selections (enough electronics already!!!) but the new policy of spending a full hour on one item AND THEN 20 minutes during other hours....heavens! I have been a QVC customer for over 10 years, and I have never felt a need to post before, but they are going to have to change their programming. Clearly, a lot of us are on the way out, if not already there. Since I hate to end on a negative, I will add that it would take very little effort, I think, to bring back the QVC we all have loved in the past.

Honored Contributor

Dreadful programming.  

Trusted Contributor

It gets worse every single day.  Products are going downhill, too.  Oh, well, think of the money we'll save!

Honored Contributor

I’ve heard hosts say at the end of their hour/presentation, “we’d like to welcome the 500, or whatever number, new customers”. Maybe they just have an overstock of these same old products, and they can make more money selling these higher priced electronics versus D &Co. clothing, etc. They have to know old customers wouldn’t be interested any more,  but they’ll make up for it with the new customers. There’s a method to their madness, lol!  I have to believe somehow this logic is working for them or they wouldn’t be doing it. The bottom line always is sales/money. JMO...

~H~
Honored Contributor

I agree!  All of the electronic & "gift" shows are so boring! 

I like watching the clothing shows and it seems that for holiday gifting now there aren't as many clothing shows but we're getting all of these electronic shows instead.

I don't  buy electronics from QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

I have found quite a bit this year over the past month or so, but I have to agree with all of you that this weekend was horrible.   I am not sure I even believe their announcements of how many they sold. 

ITKWD was horrible.  This is baking time and he is selling a laptop?    It is out of hand.  It is their loss because I like others spent quite a bit on other sites.   Backround noise don't cut it with me anymore, because I cannot stand hearing about the same item hour after hour.  Then add a host I can't tolerate on top of it.   I sure hope they get their act together.  I am still trying to figure out why they started another channel when it is the same stuff.