Esteemed Contributor

qvc and qvc 2 haven't had anything that I've been willing to WATCH for more than 10 seconds, let alone buy over this "black friday" shopping weekend so I have not bothered. Any time I've looked at these channels, the "gift" ideas are not that for anything I've been considering.

I've done some Christmas shopping but not at Q.

and yes I think this hodge podge of items is what viewers can expect up thru the end of the season;

Respected Contributor

It's gotten like walking up and down the SAME 10 foot aisle in the store until you lose your mind with boredom....

Don't they know that after 50 presentations of the same stuff, if anyone is still watching, they are probably NOT going to buy, and besides EVERYONE knows you can comparison shop online with just a click.

This is THE MOST BORING Xmas season EVER.

Yesterday all day doorbells and today it's computers. And the ancient technology Bose was the icing on the cake.

Esteemed Contributor

The sad thing is what it has become from what I remember.

When I first started watching, I really WATCHED knowing that there would be something I wanted for a gift, my home or for myself.  Seems they didn't repeat and repeat for hours on end.

Now, like many of you, I don't even turn them on for background noise.  Not only are the presentations boring, uninspired and on a loop, but the products are just awful.

What is wrong with them?  This time of year, they could shorten the presentations, and show products that don't get much airtime.

But, they don't and that = I don't watch and I don't buy.

Respected Contributor

I just cannot watch. I will check in and I am gone in a few seconds.

Esteemed Contributor

I stated before -- every retailer and shopping channel are selling the same variety of electronics during this Black Friday /Cyber Monday period.   This would have been a great opportunity for the Q to showcase some new, innovative items.

I have clicked in the channel, but clicked out just as quickly!!  So boring....not only can those products can be found all over the Internet, but the constant, repetitive presentations on the Q are so unwatchable!!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

The sad thing is what it has become from what I remember.

When I first started watching, I really WATCHED knowing that there would be something I wanted for a gift, my home or for myself.  Seems they didn't repeat and repeat for hours on end.

Now, like many of you, I don't even turn them on for background noise.  Not only are the presentations boring, uninspired and on a loop, but the products are just awful.

What is wrong with them?  This time of year, they could shorten the presentations, and show products that don't get much airtime.

But, they don't and that = I don't watch and I don't buy.

@Witchy Woman

I totally agree.  No product needs more than ten minutes to present everyone thing it is or does.  I include the TSV and the One Time Onlys, and the Top Picks!!

They need a more varied product stock. 

I feel sorry for the hosts . . . not their fault, and they must go crazy presenting the same things over and over again.  I'll bet they can't wait until it's over.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

It's almost like an accountant has been put in charge of programming and acquisition. Every decision is profit based only. Pay no mind to the extreme boredom and burnout of loyal customers. It's almost like it's a gift free holiday for the Q this year. 

f44b012cd8e2b7efb0da0e48f57a9997.jpg

Honored Contributor

This has without a doubt been the worst week-end ever on QVC; totally unwatchable, even for 5 minutes.  Now it will be followed by the "why hasn't my computer shipped" and the "QVC ruined my Christmas" posts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Fona wrote:

I have bought a lot from QVC since the early 1990s but, like so many of you, I now rarely buy or even look at anything much (except the Forums, which I enjoy).  I am so sick of the boringly endless TSVs, the electronics, the tools, the flashlights, the floor cleaners, etc., most of which in my opinion are aimed at men.  Yes, I know a lot of these are best sellers, but couldn't the powers-that-be in management just THINK about the fact that maybe, just maybe, the many women customers might want something feminine like perhaps a wider array of jewelry, or clothes, or handbags (instead of endless Dooney) once in a while...?  Or maybe look at some new vendors and give them a chance...?  Surely these items could be best sellers, too.

How on earth can they display so much boring stuff under Gifts...?   I would not want anybody to ever buy me any of these "gifts" and I don't believe too many women would. 

Instead of putting a bit of effort into some good program planning, I think the QVC management is just taking the easy way out by selling the same old things they don't have to think about.  To me, they are extremely lazy and need to concentrate on the many customers they seem to be losing because of utter boredom.   We need some variety.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

@Fona

I agree!!!  Please stock 14k jewelry with real gemstones!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@NorthernLights wrote:

It's almost like an accountant has been put in charge of programming and acquisition. Every decision is profit based only. Pay no mind to the extreme boredom and burnout of loyal customers. It's almost like it's a gift free holiday for the Q this year. 

f44b012cd8e2b7efb0da0e48f57a9997.jpg

@NorthernLights

I agree!!  I think it might even be robots who have been put in charge of QVC and QVC2!