Contributor

I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOUR PRICES THESE DAYS.  NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO SPEND $169 FOR A CASHMERE SWEATER, BY THE WAY, I CAN FIND VERY FEW ITEMS THAT ISAAC HAS THAT I CAN AFFORD.  DONT GET ME WRONG, I CAN AFFORD THINGS LIKE THIS BUT I AM SENSIBLE AND WOULD NOT PAY THAT PRICE FOR A SWEATER.  LATELY, YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT EXPENSIVE THINGS THAT THE NORMAL PERSON CAN AFFORD.  I AM SICK OF WATCHING AND SEEING THIS, I HAVE FOUND MYSELF SWITCHING OVER TO HSN.  I GUESS YOUR AUDIENCE HAS CHANGED TO WHAT IT USE TO BE, YOU SHOW VERY LITTLE DIAMONIQUE SHOWS ANYMORE AND HAVE VERY FEW NEW ITEMS, IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME THINGS.  I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN QVC IN THE LAST FEW YEARS.  IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL TO A MUCH MORE HIGHER CLASS OF PEOPLE.  WHEN IT COMES TO GOOD SHOES, THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN A SWEATER.  LIKE I SAID, I PROBABLY COULD AFFORD THESE THINGS, BUT I AM A SENSIBLE PERSON AND DO NOT FIND THE NEED TO BUY THESE EXPENSIVE THINGS THAT I WILL NOT WEAR THAT OFTEN.

Respected Contributor

That's what it's about ... choice.  No one is asking you to buy it.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Contributor

BELIEVE ME, I DONT!!!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Kat7 , I completely agree with you.   

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't pay that much for a winter coat that I would wear everyday, let alone a sweater I would only wear once in awhile.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: HIGH PRICES....

[ Edited ]

I don't know how much you expect to pay for a designer cashmere sweater, but I think $169 is a very good price for one, especially considering the amount of fabric in the sweater. Land's End has a non-designer cashmere cardigan made with less fabric and being sold for the same price. Land's End is usually a place I look to for less expensive cashmere. Dillard's has a similar tunic sweater by Eileen Fisher and it's listed at $378. They also have some much cheaper cashmere sweaters under $100, but in my experience, cashmere that's under $100 when not on sale is very thin and doesn't make it to a second season without getting holes.

If you want more affordable cashmere, shop for clearance cashmere in late winter and look for items originally priced higher than $100. That's how I've found some of my best cashmere sweaters.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that some of the prices for certain thing have gotten extremely high.  If I were to pay $169 for a sweater, I would want it to be a classic style that could be worn forever.  And $49 for a simple D&C vest?  I am shopping the B&M stores much more often.  Between constant sales, plus coupons on top of that, I can't believe the prices I am paying.  That is, very reasonable.  You don't even have to go to the stores, as they all have web sites, and many offer free shipping.

Contributor

You did not get it, I could care less about cashmere, I would never buy it.  I am talking about the high prices over all.

Contributor

Thank you, I am going to look into that.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how many people would be buying high-priced items if it weren't for easy pay?