Respected Contributor

Re: HERE WE GO . . CIJ STARTING 6/30. OMG

[ Edited ]

I dont watch but it doesnt bother me at all.   Keeps me from watching and buying things.

Valued Contributor

it doesn't bother me either.  I'm not into anything Christmas until after Halloween.

Honored Contributor

There are some good prices during CIJ so I'll watch some of it. What I don't like are the sets decorated for Christmas already in September. Wish they'd hold off and let us enjoy autumn before bringing it on full force.
Honored Contributor

I hate Christmas shows....same old, same old stuff.  I've become a bit of an ID addict so that is often on in my home.  For me, watching paint dry is more fun than Christmas repeats at Q (and other shopping channels).  

Respected Contributor

And to be honest, how much of that Christmas decor does a person need?  I mean, all the Valerie Parr Hill shows of skads of items--pretty for sure--but I have so much already and no room to store it all.  I also found it interesting---my mom works in one of the nicer thrift stores in her town and she says people bring in tons of  those Christmas decor items all the time. Just too much stuff!

Valued Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

And to be honest, how much of that Christmas decor does a person need?  I mean, all the Valerie Parr Hill shows of skads of items--pretty for sure--but I have so much already and no room to store it all.  I also found it interesting---my mom works in one of the nicer thrift stores in her town and she says people bring in tons of  those Christmas decor items all the time. Just too much stuff!

@KKJ  There is literally 7 hours of “In the Kitchen with David” each week. Do people really need that many kitchen appliances and that many food options? Something tells me you don’t go into threads about that show and complain that there’s too much.

Valued Contributor

It's not the reason for the season. We have made gift giving easier. Teenagers love money, my grown children sometimes have a wish list & if not it's money. I do get everyone something just for fun. I love the decorations, food & family. We all aren't in need of much. I watch some of it but not much! Fun to see the decorations in July. Then I go out & enjoy summer!

Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

Reading how many people’s lives are ruined by the existence of CIJ is my favorite. Bring it on!

Hahaha!!!!! 😂 I could not agree more!!!

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ  There is literally 7 hours of “In the Kitchen with David” each week. Do people really need that many kitchen appliances and that many food options? Something tells me you don’t go into threads about that show and complain that there’s too much.

No I don't complain about that as I love David and I tune in just to see his Happy Dance!!

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I follow Jill B on social media and wanted to give her a standing ovation from my family room when she said there will be no CIJ on her site and that for her, July is too early to start with Christmas.

She must have been so sick of pushing Christmas 6-7 months out of the year.

That was more than a subtle hint that Jill did not care for Christmas in July. I have to wonder if she has divulged any other negative stories about QVC on her web page ?