Esteemed Contributor

So pleased with QVC's new shipping methods. I placed orders during Jill Bauer's last show and they are already shipping. NOT the crazy slow, scenic tour that took a couple of weeks of past shipping. These are coming via UPS.

Delighted QVC has finally decided to ship straight to the customer with either USPS or UPS! Both are fabulous BY THEMSELVES, but that joint venture to save money was a disaster for the customer.   

I do find that packages shipped by USPS arrive in much better shape. UPS packages must be thrown around a lot. They arrive torn and/or in horrible condition. It would be difficult to attempt to repackage anything and return in the same box through UPS. Hope that is not a problem in the future for customers.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady - I'm glad your orders shipped quickly, but don't get too excited about the lack of UPS SurePost—I just received two orders via that method this week, including one food item (!!!), so it's definitely still in use. I'm fairly sure that like most retailers, the Q will continue to leverage that shipping option to save money.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc  Bummer!! That's the worst, especially for their returns. Tried it a couple of times and it was the waiting game. Not good. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC is shipping FAST!

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady - UPS SurePost is used for outbound shipping, not return shipping. QVC partners with Newgistics for its returns process, engaging local agents to pick up packages from USPS locations (which are only hubs and have nothing to do with the process after initially scanning the QVC label) and then send them through the Newgistics shipping routes back to the Q. That process is slower than slow and is not likely to improve since it is by definition the lowest-priority shipping method available.

Honored Contributor

Of the 4 orders I've placed in the last 2 weeks, all orders shipped within 2 days of ordering and arrived by UPS/USPS and the total time for all orders were 5 days from order to delivery, down in GA.

Now, if they could work on speeding up the return process, that would be nice!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

@KingstonsMom 

That is the next order of business...thanks to all of you for your patience!

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC 

Thank you to all of the Mods who have had to be so patient with all the complaints (beyond your crontrol) and stepping in to help QVC's customers get resolution to problems!

You all are the best thing QVC has done in a very long time!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC    Thank you for holding up under all this customer service pressure . . .. I was a customer service representative (among other "hats" I wore for many,many years) so I appreciate the patience you and all of your colleagues on the Social Team and the phone Customer Service people all have demonstrated.  

It can be a very satisfying and rewarding job, but, when those backlash waves start rolling in it is so wonderful to be able to go--big time--to the "keep calm and carry on" mode since your group has essentially nothing to do with the redesign, merge, etc., yet must deal with the foreseen--and mostly unforeseen--consequences in the most graceful manner possible.  In my job I said inside my head many times--exhibit grace under fire, while chasing a moveable feast.  (With sincere apologies to Ernest Hemingway who originally penned these two phrases.)

I, sincerely, tip my cap to all of you "back office" people who assure that the business ship remains afloat and keep so many customers (such as me) loyal in the face of so many changes, some of which a lot of us have not been pleased with.

Best wishes and I pray that Management recognizes your dedicated efforts in a very meaningful, significant , real way when the seas cease roiling! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc  Ohhh . . . this is the first time I've heard of Newgistics. News to me. But those returns are (like you said) "slower that slow" and I won't use those QVC labels any longer. If I mail through USPS, my returns are received by QVC within three days from Lincoln, Nebraska vs. two weeks + another 10 days or so sitting in QVC waiting to be processed. Who needs that nonsense? I have no desire to play banker to QVC!! That is what they are having the customer do IMO. Not good money management for my money. 

Honored Contributor

So glad they are shipping faster so all the complaining will stop.  But I am sure there will be something else to find fault with.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)