Regular Contributor

Got a letter from QVC regarding a return!

Well this is a first for me.  I just got an email (letter} from CS regarding a return.  My DH took a return to the post office yesterday and today to my surprise this email arrives saying they were sorry the item did not work out and they will process the return as soon as they receive it.  I was shocked BUT I think this is a very nice touch.  Who ever thought of this, Bravo QVC!

Of course we will see how fast they process the return, LOL!

Valued Contributor

Re: Got a letter from QVC regarding a return!

@Silverfox1 wrote:

Well this is a first for me.  I just got an email (letter} from CS regarding a return.  My DH took a return to the post office yesterday and today to my surprise this email arrives saying they were sorry the item did not work out and they will process the return as soon as they receive it.  I was shocked BUT I think this is a very nice touch.  Who ever thought of this, Bravo QVC!

May I ask you ,did you use the prepaid label from the Q ,and how did they know it was sent back. I sent back a box using the prepaid label  and didn't receive any letter from CS just keep tracking it  myself and it is moving  very sloooooow .

Trusted Contributor

For a moment I thought you received an actual paper letter in an envelope via US mail from QVC about a return! That would have been a new one to hear about.

But you got the ordinary email (you might say they are messages, but not actually letters) I get every time I drop off a return and it is scanned at the post office. QVC does correspond by email prertty reliably.

I don't return much at all, but I like getting the acknowledgement from QVC that they will be procesing the refund when the merchandise is received. I usually see the credit applied  within 2 weeks.

Hope yours goes through promptly.

Honored Contributor

IMO, for time spent to send all of those out to all their customers, they could use that manpower/time to get orders processed and shipped in a much more timely manner, not going on 2 weeks just to 'process' and ship.

And I'm only talking about 'in stock' items (clothing), nothing that's on advance order.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

May I ask you ,did you use the prepaid label from the Q ,and how did they know it was sent back. I sent back a box using the prepaid label  and didn't receive any letter from CS just keep tracking it  myself and it is moving  very sloooooow .

@Mimi NY 

In my case, I always use the prepaid QVC label and I do not just toss it in the bin the post office has for taking prepaid packages. I stay in line and have the clerk scan the label and give me a reciept that it is in the system.  That way I have prooof I sent something back. And by the scanning occurring, QVC gets notified that the prepaid label with the unique tracking number for that label has been activated. QVC's system knows the label is associated with a specific order and that way they recognize the retun is on the way. That triggers the email from QVC to let me know the label is in the USPS system. 

USPS does not actually deliver the returns in every case. Because I am in a large metro area, an agent from QVC goes from one post office to another picking up all the returns and making sure they get directly to QVC. If the agent's route is not timed to quickly get the package I sent, it will take a little longer, which is why QVC sends the email just to let me know they know the package was submitted for transit.

Your experience may be different if you live in a more rural area where it takes longer for the pickup from the agent, or if your post office directly handles the returns, not an agent.

I don't always get an email from QVC, but more often than not. I don't have to track the package if I have a receipt to prove I sent it. I don't care if gets to QVC or not; if I can prove I sent it, I get the credit after two weeks have elapsed.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

IMO, for time spent to send all of those out to all their customers, they could use that manpower/time to get orders processed and shipped in a much more timely manner, not going on 2 weeks just to 'process' and ship.

And I'm only talking about 'in stock' items (clothing), nothing that's on advance order.

The QVC order and return system automatically triggers and sends the email when the post office notifies it that the package label was scanned and activated. They don't have people getting paid to sit and use manpower sending emails out personally.  It's an automated  logistics system.  

Trusted Contributor

I always get that.  I think it's standard when you use return label.  Well, it is for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, that's standard. I buy a lot and I return  lot. I spend a lot of money at the Q and expect to be satisfied. Returns are made b/c of poor presentations and oversells of a product. I really don't care if I don't get much in return due to S&H, but I'm not keeping it to toss or give to charity. I've done too much of that.

If the Q ever wishes to send me a letter, I will say good-bye. I like shopping at the Q, but they won't cut off their nose to spite their face in my case!

Honored Contributor

I've gotten this message before when I use their prepaid label.  Most of the time I use my own shipping.

Respected Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

@Silverfox1 wrote:

I have recieved emails that mine was in route. But not every time.