Honored Contributor

Re: Getting loud and wild

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Goodie04 wrote:

They need to break up these food shows with more hosts--The show that is on now is getting loud and hosts have had to much sugar and wine--

That Rachel and Alberti are becoming embrassing --hard to watch--

They probably would not be assigned the food shows so often, if their sales figures were not high. 

@mom2four0418 @CoffeeNut 

But from what some others have said over on the Kitchen category is they love to order food from QVC ...... so do customers order despite the actions of the wild and loud hosts? And could QVC's sales be even higher if the hosts acted in a more professional manner....thats the question...maybe QVC needs to experiment and make some changes to find out.....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Goodie04 wrote:

They need to break up these food shows with more hosts--The show that is on now is getting loud and hosts have had to much sugar and wine--

They probably would not be assigned the food shows so often, if their sales figures were not high. 

@mom2four0418 @CoffeeNut 

But from what some others have said over on the Kitchen category is they love to order food from QVC ...... so do customers order despite the actions of the wild and loud hosts? And could QVC's sales be even higher if the hosts acted in a more professional manner....thats the question...maybe QVC needs to experiment and make some changes to find out.....🤔

Maybe, but the posters on this board represent a tiny number of QVC shoppers.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I agree with some of the pairings of the hosts being annoying, especially when neither host is professional while presenting a product. I won't host bash but I will not watch certain programs and instead will shop on the Q site if interested. By the way I think Alberti and Rick are on next, channel changed!

Spurt,  thought your comment about turning off the Q and watching Maverick was funny and yes, a good looker he was!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor
It seems Rick is better at keeping Alberti under control... No hysterics, no screeching from Alberti tonight. I feel it is Rachel who brings out the worst in this man.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
It seems Rick is better at keeping Alberti under control... No hysterics, no screeching from Alberti tonight. I feel it is Rachel who brings out the worst in this man.

@Reever  Alberti is fine by himself. He does a great job with Martha S.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Goodie04 wrote:

@mom2four0418 @CoffeeNut 

@mom2four0418 

But as my mom used to say its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil, and just as companies send out surveys and only a small percent respond, but those that do respond are listened to by the company, and their voices are the ones that get heard.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Goodie04 wrote:

@mom2four0418 @CoffeeNut 

@mom2four0418 

But as my mom used to say its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil, and just as companies send out surveys and only a small percent respond, but those that do respond are listened to by the company, and their voices are the ones that get heard.....

I rarely watch QVC, but from reading these forums, it is clear that David Venable is wildly popular and most likely has high sales figures. In the few times that I have watched a kitchen show that he hosts, I have seen a middle aged man who, when tasting food, makes exaggerated faces and sings and dances in a circle. He must get paid really well to act so silly. And, while it is a turn off to me, it seems to be what the target audience loves to see. It is possible that this audience also enjoys the other hosts who act silly. Does QVC send out surveys to customers? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Goodie04 wrote:

@mom2four0418 @CoffeeNut 

@mom2four0418 

I rarely watch QVC, but from reading these forums, it is clear that David Venable is wildly popular and most likely has high sales figures. In the few times that I have watched a kitchen show that he hosts, I have seen a middle aged man who, when tasting food, makes exaggerated faces and sings and dances in a circle. He must get paid really well to act so silly. And, while it is a turn off to me, it seems to be what the target audience loves to see. It is possible that this audience also enjoys the other hosts who act silly. Does QVC send out surveys to customers? 

@mom2four0418 

QVC certainly does send out surveys ..and hosts have confirmed on their Facebook Pages the surveys were legit and came from QVC

Respected Contributor

@Spurt you could certainly be right and it would be an interesting experiment.  Personally I just avoid all the food shows. I don't need any of it and prefer to buy locally.

the same with kitchen gear. I've spent the past year of isolation getting rid of extra stuff in my kitchen so I find it better to avoid the temptation of whatever they are selling.

Respected Contributor

ha ha @Spurt on Saturday's I turn QVC off after AM Style since I'm not a fan of Kersten's. 

I usually run errands or if I'm not doing that, I change the channel.