Honored Contributor

GET READY....ALL CLEARANCE ITEMS COMING

Just when the 4 hour gift showsend with a mixture of everything from Dyson, to Poo-Pourri to cosmetics, it’s time for the shows of everything no one liked, what’s left in broken sizes or the worst colors.

If you’re not pleased w/ that programming, wait until the 1st of the year....New Year New You with all the predictable exercise equipment, diet plans, etc. 

I’ll be watching HGTV.

Honored Contributor

Re: GET READY....ALL CLEARANCE ITEMS COMING

[ Edited ]

My NY Resolution is to not watch or buy anything I don't need from any shopping channel. I love clearance, just not anymore this year or next year.

Honored Contributor

Just like the department I used to like at Nordstrom!   Everything on the regular racks comes from the new, casual sport look which I have zero interest in buying.  They did have a few items on clearance remaining from the collections I used to buy, but they were extremely picked over.  The good news is that I left without spending anything; the bad news, at least for them, is that I have little reason to return because soon those sale racks will be filled with the sporty leftovers I've already rejected!

As for QVC, I've been out of that loop except for AD deliveries for months now.  I could use some spring clothes, but that means I needn't tune in for quite a while.  That's good news for me.

Honored Contributor

I love clearance items too but I don't need anything now. We've been gradually downsizing in hopes of moving to Houston to be closer to DD in the next couple of years. We don't want to buy again because we dont want the upkeep of another home. Now jewelry is small and doesn't take up much space so that doesn't count.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I love clearance items too but I don't need anything now. We've been gradually downsizing in hopes of moving to Houston to be closer to DD in the next couple of years. We don't want to buy again because we dont want the upkeep of another home. Now jewelry is small and doesn't take up much space so that doesn't count.

@OKPrincess  Lol

Esteemed Contributor

Everytime I look at clearance items all they have is xsmall in clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I think most of the stuff that I find in my closet with tags, that I don't wear...is items I bought on Clearance......

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I think most of the stuff that I find in my closet with tags, that I don't wear...is items I bought on Clearance......

@Nataliesgramma  ITA. Many of my “mistakes” were because the price seemed right and I settled for something I didn’t love.

Honored Contributor

Not jumping up and down over the Q 's idea of clearance-----Knocking a few $$ off isn't my idea of clearance!! Still paying taxes and shipping----making it the same price as before. Meh!!!

Honored Contributor

@ShanusPretty much the reasons that I shop very little anywhere during January!

Even here in tropical Florida, the racks in all the big stores will be packed tight with sweaters and coats and the shelves with wool scarves and gloves and hats.  Meanwhile the average high over the next few weeks is forecast at 5 or more degrees above the normal 75!

Time to clear the house of goodies, to walk more, and attack one of my big 2018 projects before the year gets too far ahead of me.  I really don't need to shop and I don't watch often unless I want to buy.