QVC Customer Care

@SaRina

If we do not have the exchange requested, we will refund instead keeping the original S&H but will not charge for the label fee.Example: I wish to exchange a LOGO tunic from XL to Large. The Q does not have my color in large. I paid a total of $50.00 including the original S&H of $5.00. My refund should be $45.00  Does that make sense?

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

This is great news! Now, I can order shoes again.

Respected Contributor

Beth-QVC wrote:

@SaRina

If we do not have the exchange requested, we will refund instead keeping the original S&H but will not charge for the label fee.Example: I wish to exchange a LOGO tunic from XL to Large. The Q does not have my color in large. I paid a total of $50.00 including the original S&H of $5.00. My refund should be $45.00  Does that make sense?

Beth QVC

Ok, I get it now ... technically it is not really "even steven" ... customer still is out $5 in this scenario.   It is not our fault that the garment is sold out as in many of the cases (although I really appreciate not paying for that return shipping label, that was always my barrier not to buy clothes.)

One more question Beth, sorry.   Does this policy apply to any Q items such as jewelry which could be sized wrong, not just clothing/shoes?  Or it just apparel?  I can not find that info in anyone's comments.   Thanks!  @Beth-QVC

Highlighted
New Contributor

I think this needs to be clarified:

" If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs."

If there will be additional charges on the credit card, shouldn't we know in advance how much those charges are? ... and if so ... how is this "free exchanges"?

QVC Customer Care

@Sissy58

Some items have a group item number and then the different sizes have different item numbers plus different pricing....Sheets are a good example. (I am using mock numbers for the example) Hullabaloo Sheets group # A000000 - Twin A000001 50$ Full A000002 $55 Queen A000003 $60.00

I bought a twin and want to exchange it for a Queen - the additional charges would be $10.

Beth QVC 

Esteemed Contributor

good, it is about time. the "try on" fee had stopped me from buying many times

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC   I haven't been around the board much lately so sorry if this has already been asked although I haven't seen it.

Need further clarification, because I am sometimes in between sizes esp. in some LOGO fabrics.

What if I get a medium home and it's too small so I use the label for a free exchange to get the large home (same color item, just different size) and the large is too big.  This does happen since I'm a medium-and-a-half in some LOGO garments.

So then I have to return the large also because neither size works.  So  I have two questions now.  (1)  if I return the second item, the large,  using the label, will the label cost be deducted from the return? (that's probably a "yes" answer).  or   (2)  If I return the second item, the large, and pay my own postage for the return, will I be charged the return postage for using the label the first time when I exchanged the medium for the large (I expect that to be a "no" answer but am not sure)?

Thanks......

Pearley

QVC Customer Care

@Pearlee

(1) answer is Yes

(2) answer is No

Gotta admit you did all the heavy lifting on that one!!!!!

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

But aren't we taking a chance on the item we want to exchange not being in stock by the time the original item gets back to QVC?  I mean, when you use their return label, the item takes a slow boat to China to get back to QVC.   Other Internet stores let you go ahead and order the new item, even before they receive the original item you are exchanging.  That makes more sense to me.

Regular Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

This is a new policy that became effective August 1st. There is no charge if you wish to exchange an item's size and/or color. "Even steven" as the poster stated! Beth QVC

That is a nice policy. I will be more willing to purchase from QVC because of it.