Frequent Contributor

Everyone is having huge sales right now and a lot of them are with free shipping so why would anyone buy from QVC when they can get a majority of the items from another store, and not have to pay for shipping and returns. Maybe they will offer free S&H this weekend but they never tell you in advance.  

Honored Contributor

@Grnthumb I agree.  It amazes me what some on this board claim to have ordered from QVC.  I checked my account--so far this year, 5 items.  Last year a total of 15.  QVC was unique 45 years ago when no store had a website.  Now there is so many better options.

Respected Contributor

I doubt it, as I just got some things from the last Free Ship day last week.  It was the end of June. They aren't too generous. One has to watch for price increases on that day as well.

I look for vendor specials for free ship on occasion. It adds up especially the $5.50 and $7.50 shipping items. No breaks for certain dollar totals or frequent buyers either here.

Esteemed Contributor

So many deals and bargains with so many different retailers.

Macy's had huge "Black Friday in July" sales and I got some incredible discounts with free shipping on everything. 

Respected Contributor

@Grnthumb wrote:

Everyone is having huge sales right now and a lot of them are with free shipping so why would anyone buy from QVC when they can get a majority of the items from another store, and not have to pay for shipping and returns. Maybe they will offer free S&H this weekend but they never tell you in advance.  

Many of us are old timers who go back to the 1990s with the Q.. We enjoy seeing verbal presentations and demonstrations of items.  I like the banter between the hosts.  Thus this is our first destination to order.

Honored Contributor

Very happy with my Amazon Prime deals and the deals on Best Buy today -- all free shipping,and with great prices.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Grnthumb I agree.  It amazes me what some on this board claim to have ordered from QVC.  I checked my account--so far this year, 5 items.  Last year a total of 15.  QVC was unique 45 years ago when no store had a website.  Now there is so many better options.

And everyone has many choices to shop online, the choice is ours......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Free Shipping

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50   I just checked my orders for this calendar year to see how many orders/items I've selected so far and it comes to 82.

It is a real mix of items: kitchen and household, some decoratve, clothing, shoes, jewelry, a few cosmetics, garden and food.  Some items were gifts for others, including my young grandchildren.

My least likely time to place any orders is January and February each year.  No need to "go on a diet" and am not into fitness machines, so no "New Year, New You" for me.

When the Q's online ordering malfunctions (as it often does especially during free shipping and othher special events, particularly on Sundays) I will NOT phone in an order since I want my Rakuten cash back.

I love and order a lot during the Irish/St. Patrick's events, outdoor/gardening offerings, Christmas in July, Autumn, Harvest, Halloween, and always, I watch the In the Kitchen shows.  My highest expenditure items over the years are for the kitchen for high ticket small appliances.  I frequently used easy pays for those, but no longer utilize that very often.

QVC would be wise to invest in a brand new website or new database--NOT keep patching the present one with  patches.  They should run dual systems while implementing a brand new, newly created software system that is compatible for most browsers--including Safari.  I'm a MacBook user and am not going to reshape my far from savvy computer  useage and preferences to accommodate their antiquated database--ordering, financial, etc.

I understand the ongoing supply chain problems and shipping issues (other comparable-to-them brick and mortar and online retailers, so NOT Amazon, NOT Walmart) are also having problems with these  issues, but if QVC doesn't modernize by implementing new, up-to-date systems soon their other ideas for attracting new customers, while retaining current active repeat purchase long term ones, will fail.

I ordered some Christmas in July items here this weekend but I also shopped at Macy's--got fabulous sale prices and cashback, points, and free shipping. And today ordered Amazon Smile Prime--for a Fresh foods order--and a separate order for other items that were real discounts.  (I always comparison shop.)

Just my thoughts on several ongoing obstacles to purchase that the "QVC experience" is presenting to customers.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

There are many items specific to QVC and you would not be able to purchase them elsewhere.  

Valued Contributor

QVC is pricing itself right out of existence.  Consumers have so many options these days that weren't available to us 30 years ago.  I rarely buy anything from them these days.  If I do see something I like, I always stop and do an online search.  Nine out of ten times I can get it less expensive elsewhere.  It's a shame that they are not rolling with the times and as much as I'm not a fan of Jeff Bezos, he's got it locked down with Amazon.