Honored Contributor

Re: Felt sorry for Susan Graver last night

[ Edited ]

@grandchildren9 wrote:

Ir's the VENDORS' business, and they are paying for air time.....not the Host.....The Hosts are there to guide the presentation, by taking the cue from the vendor, and assisting them in highlighting their product.  .  Amy was obnoxious !  She's getting to the point where she thinks she's quite important.  Hate to tell her, but there are many very professional  Hosts on QVC. She's losing the he mapproach  that made her appealling.    

@grandchildren9 

The merchandise is (or should be) the "star", not the host!!!....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I cannot think of a worse pairing than Aim and Susan.  I definitely would not watch these two yacking/

trying to outdo each other.  

For me only way to watch either of these two any time is mute,  record, playback what items you want to see.  Together forget it.

Respected Contributor

@corita 

Jayne (or any other host) shouldn't be getting any designer or product rep "in line." 

You have it backwards. Susan Graver is the designer, and she's the one who should be presenting her items without hosts talking over her. Let the host stick to remaining inventory alerts, ensuring that camera people "come in close," and ooohing and aahing over the styles and colors. 

Some hosts understand that. The ones who don't, look pushy and unprofessional; viewers don't want to see a verbal tug-of-war between a product rep/designer and a bumptious host.

As usual, I guess Mary Beth has to do everything.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:

@corita 

Jayne (or any other host) shouldn't be getting any designer or product rep "in line." 

You have it backwards. Susan Graver is thedesigner, and she's the one who should be presenting her items without hosts talking over her. Let the host stick to remaining inventory alerts, ensuring that camera people "come in close," and ooohing and aahing over the styles and colors. 

Some hosts understand that. The ones who don't, look pushy and unprofessional; viewers don't want to see a verbal tug-of-war between a product rep/designer and a bumptious host.

As usual, I guess Mary Beth has to do everything.

--------- 

Guess we have to agree to disagree!!  If Susan would only allow the host to do her job, then the presentation would be on the right track.  But the woman does NOT stop talking...no matter the host presenting!!  So the host does have to 'get her line' to adequately present the product. 

As I said before, there are proven methodologies when co-presenting, Susan just does not follow them!!  She talks over and interrupts all the time.  I have ordered many of her items, but stopped watching her shows.

Honored Contributor

WHAT ?  Someone can out talk Susan?

Respected Contributor

I didn't see the Susan Graver show, but it reminded me that Leah recently was hosting a Denim & Co. show and never mentioned the pants came in 3 different lengths.

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree 100%, but they have been trying to chill out Susan Graver for years.  Never works and never will because Susan thinks her voice is way more important that anyone else.

Occasional Contributor

Sadly, when Susan starts rambling on at warp speed, it appears that she must be on speed.  Same quotes, same jargon for every single item. "you must buy this item"; "cotton rich"; "this is my favorite top"; again--"you must try this top" and finally, "it's better when you get it home"

Honored Contributor

Back in the 90's I couldn't wait for her shows, she was never like she's been for years.  I bought a ton of her line for work (and casual) and loved the material she had at the time that looked like striated silk. I lost interest when her emphasis turned to other materials, not even trying some of them.  But when she introduced her singing and kicking with her non-stop talking, along with hefty prices and quality just not the same I bailed. 

I think I bought 3 blouses out of what I thought would be close to her original poly-silk maybe 3 years now only to find the material stiff and prone to wrinkles and the sleeves so short I've had to tuirn them up in order to wear them!!  I would have sent them back but I thought they'd be fine and let the time lapse.  No more... not even to watch.  Woman Tongue   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

She gets on my nerves....with  her proclaimations of how she discovered liquid knit...Really..she discovered cheap polyester ???  Her letting us all know she "carries her weight" in her hips.  Truthfull We are same age and i would never wear her tops they are much too "old" for me.  Crazy loud patterns.....I could go on but most her you know what I mean !