Trusted Contributor

I am sad with what has been going on with QVC -- from the website glitches to the price adjustments ( both changing clearance prices and on some items on free shipping days.) it is equally frustrating to have long waits for items to ship and to get through sometimes to customer service. And do not get me started on the TSV infomercials or on my inability to order for several days via my iPad.  

However, I must stick up for Customer Service. The last two times I did get through, I had great experiences. A few weeks ago, in the evening, I spoke with a gentleman from Texas. I forgot his name. He not only adjusted the price on my order, but made me feel that he was happy to help me. Then on Thursday-- just three days ago--I received an "as is" item that was smashed into dozens of pieces. I called CS, spoke with Jeliqua, and rattled the box for her. I asked how I should handle the " return." She immediately told me to dispose of the broken glass, to be careful that I did not cut myself, and as I watched on my trusty iPad, issued a refund. That refund already is pending in my bank.

Call me crazy, but I think there are glimmers of some of the service that I loved in the past about QVC. 

Valued Contributor

Amazon is the greatest and for me just gets better with time.  I bought an $8.00 surge protector outlet a while ago that somehow got lost in transit by the USPS.  Once the two day normal delivery day was surpassed by a couple of days they contacted me by email to say another one has been ordered for me (at no additional cost to me of course).  I received it the very next day not by the USPS, not by UPS, but by a special Amazon delivery team right to my front door.....all that customer service for an $8 purchase.  The Q has a LOOOONNNGGGG way to go to catch up with that.

Esteemed Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Amazon is the greatest and for me just gets better with time.  I bought an $8.00 surge protector outlet a while ago that somehow got lost in transit by the USPS.  Once the two day normal delivery day was surpassed by a couple of days they contacted me by email to say another one has been ordered for me (at no additional cost to me of course).  I received it the very next day not by the USPS, not by UPS, but by a special Amazon delivery team right to my front door.....all that customer service for an $8 purchase.  The Q has a LOOOONNNGGGG way to go to catch up with that.

@giddy up   I agree with you 100%.  The thing with Prime is that you can order anything like shampoo to cough meds.  I love that they have their own drivers and photograph your package at your door.   Great idea incase it is delivered to wrong house.   QVC still has things I like but most stuff is getting to expensive.  You also get TV movies if you have their stick and music and so much more goes with it then free shipping.  

Trusted Contributor
I had two items stolen off my front porch and Amazon very kindly and rapidly sent me free replacements, no questions asked and no jumping through hoops! 👍Amazon!
Honored Contributor
The free exchanges take an unacceptably long time to process and then send out.
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

have been reading these forums for more years than I will admit, and there is always complaining.   but recently it's different and not in a good way.

if the forums represent the audience at large, it is not good for the Q 

@jackthebear 

There are posters here who assert that they DON'T read these forums.  I contend they DO read them, and that's why they have them.

Not to say they take our complaints and suggestions, but I am sure they read them.

Years ago, I read that every letter of complaint a company received represented AT LEAST 100 other customers.  I totally believe it.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I never understand why someone has to announce the fact that s(he) is no longer going to shop with QVC.  If I decide I don't want to deal with a company any longer, I simply stop shopping there.  Simple.

If you're lost as a customer to a company, that's the end of it.  Unless you're expecting them to beg you to stay?  And we all know that's not going to happen.  Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

I never could stand HSN always thought it was not as classy as the Q. But it has turned into HSN plus more. delivery dates, pricing, returns, nothing what we first liked about the Q to begin with . Very very disappointing. I have spent a lot of money throughout the years, which I'm sure they are happy about. All the easy pays are just a way to get you to purchase but be very careful doing it. Sometimes if you are on a recurring delivery, you will have multiple payments on the one item because of the months crossing Deliveries.

Valued Contributor

Not sure who you mean