Esteemed Contributor

DOorbell just rang.  ENvelope dropped on front porch.  FEDEX guy already in the truck peeling out.  No apology.  NOt a word.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

DOorbell just rang.  ENvelope dropped on front porch.  FEDEX guy already in the truck peeling out.  No apology.  NOt a word.

How woud the Fed X guy know what was going on?  He's told what to do and where to go.

I'm sure it's a check you received so it would of been safe anyway, the company would of put a stop payment on it and reissued a new one.

Honored Contributor

Re: FED EX screw up

[ Edited ]
@KathyPet wrote:

Oh gosh. I'd be so happy that the woman called Fed Ex about the misdelivery and to have the check in my hands that I wouldn't still be complaining about something.

Super Contributor

Re: FED EX screw up

[ Edited ]

@KathyPetMy husband and I just settled some property and we received a large check also.  We live out of state. The title company wanted to send us the check by FedEx.  We said absolutely NOT.  While the rest of the family had to wait a week or more for their checks to come via FedEx, we told them to bank wire our money.  We had our funds an hour after closing in our bank account, safe and secure.  

Respected Contributor

What an ordeal.

Glad you got your check.  Was transferring it electronically an option?  That would have saved some angst...

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

JUst got a E Mail,from the settlement company.  A woman just called their office to tell them that she got home a short while ago to find my envelope on their front porch. THe only thing that is the same is that her house number on her street is the same as my house number on my street.  SHe is going to let them know when FedEx picks up the package and they will let me know.

@KathyPet, this happens in my area a lot with UPS specifically.  All the house numbers in my development are the same, just different street names.  I used to just take the packages to the right street when this happened but then I realized that UPS should know they are doing this and they need to be more careful so I started to call them and tell them when I got someone else's package.

I'm glad this worked out.