Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 @that's odd...just odd...

Honored Contributor

No man I know would ever use that word. It only worked for Sonny & Cher.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if the hosts use this as a "endearing" term (a few would come to mind JT, SK, CK) but as I said it's bizarre and somewhat off-putting from a retailer.

I don't even call loved ones "Babe" and it lists other home items I might like🙄🤦‍♀️

Respected Contributor

I think for us women who are older, the word babe is disrespectful, rude, and a little creepy used in this way in the email.  Another attempt by QVC to woo younger/new customers. My guess is that babe is an acceptable term of endearment these days.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 It sounds like the Q may have been hacked. Email the social team at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and ask. If it's real, I would complain long and loud that it's insulting.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

No man I know would ever use that word. It only worked for Sonny & Cher.

@AuntG 

thank you for the chuckle great reply🤣🤣🤣 but didn't work out to good for Sonny😉

Valued Contributor

I agree with those who think they were hacked. This is extremely inappropriate and I just can't see anyone from QVC using that term in a customer email.

Respected Contributor

On second thought looking at how it is phrased, "Thanks for shopping, Babe" with a comma after shopping it could be that they are not calling you Babe but Babe is the name of the person who sends the email. I went to school with someone who went by the name Honey so it could have read "Thanks for shopping, Honey."  

Just trying to find a plausible explanation. I cannot imagine that QVC is OK with employees calling customers "Babe."

Trusted Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

I just got this email from QVC but apparently this is what they think of me I'm a "Babe"...a little wierd if you ask me.

(I ordered a home decor item a few weeks ago).

6F1660F7-5AE2-4A75-973B-EADA96C01D51.jpeg

@homedecor1 

I'd email the QVC Social Team and asked if they got hacked.  So bizarre and out of touch, almost seems like a genuine possibility.

I agree that it seems like a hack.  Don't click on any links within the email.  Definitely report it though.  If it isn't a hack, I would raise it up the food chain within QVC.  If someone verbally used that term within the workplace it would be an HR issue for sure.  Totally inappropriate to use that term.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey 

I blacked out my name as it is addressed to me and no way is my name "Babe"

I just feel it's another misjudgment  on QVCs executives that just keep coming...free shipping for new customers, sending Babe emails, slow shipping or wrong items going to customers -- I'm sure there are more😉.