Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Pay, Every Day, All The Time

HO HUM.....so this was Q's "big announcement".......😴

I find this interesting because a few years back ONE of the Executives was suggesting that they do away with Easy Pay because some customers were defaulting on their Easy Pay commitments ..... but then they decided against that move and Easy Pay stayed and has been expanded....It will be interesting to see what happens going forward....those small Easy Pay installments can quickly add up and people can find themselves in serious debt.....And to me Easy Pay does not change an uncompetitive price.... 

Personally I would like to see them offer ONE SHIPMENT CHARGE if you order multiples of the same item number sent to the same address (say you would wanted to purchase a blouse or shoes in 2 different colors, why should I pay for TWO shipment charges when they are thrown in the same box!!!)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@TeddixatSo true.  I grew up in a family of small shop keepers where you learn fast that everything has a cost   I think the only question when it comes to free shipping or any other sales device is who pays that cost.  

Regular Contributor

I do use pay on occasion.   However,   I prefer the way Hsn does it.  Their website allows HOW MANY months I want it.

Yes,  I know that I can go into the plan and pay it off,  but why should I have to do that?  

Trusted Contributor

EasyPay is convenient, but it is also a credit card trap.  HSN offers occasional 20% off discounts and a lot of free shipping offers, or special all day/one low cost shipping.  I guess Q management thinks this will increase revenue with shoppers taking the plunge due to deferred payment.  But I would rather have the discounts or free shipping.

Frequent Contributor

Easy pay every day is great but...there should be an option to select how many months you want.  Six is way too many especially on lower priced items.  Three would be a better option.  QVC TAKE NOTICE!!!!  LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ann52 wrote:

Easy pay every day is great but...there should be an option to select how many months you want.  Six is way too many especially on lower priced items.  Three would be a better option.  QVC TAKE NOTICE!!!!  LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

-------    

Which customers should QVC listen to; the ones that would like 3 months EP's  the ones that want 5 or 6 months, or the ones that say, "get rid of easy pay, too many people don't manage it well, it's a trap that gets them into trouble". 

We're adults. Don't like EP, don't use it. If an item is on 6 EP's, and 3 would work better for you, pay it off, whenever you want. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

The one or reduced charge for multiple items going to the same address was once how QVC operated.  I was not happy when they did away with that.  Why charge multiple shipping on 2 lipsticks of the same brand?   Excessive! 

Respected Contributor

I would think this makes IT's job eadier. No keeping track of what is or what is no longer on easy pay every day. 

Respected Contributor

Easy pay isn't enough to draw me back to shopping with QVC.  Better prices, sales and other incentives would.  Oh, and some new, quality merchandise would help.  Since QVC doesn't offer any of those things, I'll take my shopping dollars elsewhere. 

Contributor

AGREE!!! I was just thinking the same thing the other day as I unwrapped FIVE very light chargers  from one box!!!!