Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Pay, Every Day, All The Time

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Easy pay is an annoyance on lower priced items.  I don't want tiny charges coming for months on my credit card.  

I recently ordered an item for around $75.00 total.  Easy pay was offered for 5 or 6 payments (don't remember).  I declined.   What I would like is the option to select my own easy pays like HSN offers.  Breaking up the $75 into 2 or 3 payments works better for me.

You can pay off easy pay whenever you want.  Just call customer service.  I like easy pay just in case I return something I don't have to wait for the full amount to be credited.    

Trusted Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Easy pay is an annoyance on lower priced items.  I don't want tiny charges coming for months on my credit card.  

I recently ordered an item for around $75.00 total.  Easy pay was offered for 5 or 6 payments (don't remember).  I declined.   What I would like is the option to select my own easy pays like HSN offers.  Breaking up the $75 into 2 or 3 payments works better for me.

------

I feel like I'm missing something. How is this annoying? 

If you don't want the EP, don't select it. If you'd like to use it, but, want to pay if off in three months, instead of 6, you can easily do so. 

On the other hand, for people that want the 6 EP's, they're available. If they wanted 6, but only 3 were offered, they'd not have choices.  

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

------

I feel like I'm missing something. How is this annoying? 

If you don't want the EP, don't select it. If you'd like to use it, but, want to pay if off in three months, instead of 6, you can easily do so. 

On the other hand, for people that want the 6 EP's, they're available. If they wanted 6, but only 3 were offered, they'd not have choices.  

Thank you, not sure why anyone would complain, If you don't want it don't use it.  It's just an option.  One of the reasons I stopped shopping at Q 5 years ago is when I discovered that other channels had easy pay all the time where as on Q they made it a big deal and would have easy pay days once or twice a year.  I also discovered better prices.  Will easy pay make me shop at Q more?  That would be no.  However now I know that if Q has something I cannot find elsewhere I will have the easy pay option.Smiley Happy  Happy shopping ladiesSmiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@Spurt 

The one or reduced charge for multiple items going to the same address was once how QVC operated.  I was not happy when they did away with that.  Why charge multiple shipping on 2 lipsticks of the same brand?   Excessive! 

@this is my nic 

Yep, I remembered QVC used to do it....its bad enough we have to eat the original shipping when doing a return....so in essence QVC charges a "try me fee" for their products ($6.95 return label + $3.50 original postage for most items=$11).....so I think if we buy multiples at least QVC should give us a break on THAT SHIPPING like they used to....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I like easy pay, but I still watch the price of the item and how much to ship.  No matter how you shop you need to keep in mind how much you are spending.

You can always not take easy pay or pay off sooner.  I do think it might be easier for some to get in to trouble.

Honored Contributor

Easy Pay encourages people to buy more items— and spend more on each item— b/c you’re not paying for them all at once. It’s a marketing ploy.

This is is a bigger advantage for QVC than it is for the customer, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure almost everything has been on Easy Pay at least since the summer.