Respected Contributor

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@ScarletDovewrote:

Here is the problem I have encountered.  Now with all the new clothing and shoes offered, I ordered a few items and they are all sent together and listed on the same invoice, with individual listings, Order#'s, Item#'s, etc.  BUT here is where the problem occurs.

What if you have a couple items that need to be returned for a refund for whatever the reason, then you have another item or 2 that needs to be exchanged for size, color, whatever.

How do you fill out the return form when you are dealing with multiple returns and/or exchanges on the same invoice? It is messy and someone else has to read it to handle the transaction.

I have had this happen and the exchange is always refunded, whcih means I have to reorder the "non-exhanged" item through CS; and you have to get them to refund the return shipping since they missed the exchange. Usually I check inventory before I send something back for exchange, otherwise if not available I ask for refund.  A simple, one item on invoice for exchange is usually handled and completed, BUT, the bottom line is that the warehouse personnel receiving our returns are either incompetent or just overwhelmed with volume.  I have tried several ways to try to work around this but I have no control over QVC putting separate orders on the same invoice and in same box. I have a choice, cut back ordering or put up with how my order is handled!

I beg to differ...this was one item on one slip....clearly marked and the size and color I need IS IN STOCK!!

@highmaintenancejan  I am truly sorry, but this goes to show your experience and mine were very different! Totally unnecessary!

Respected Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

This thread is discouraging to me.  I just bought a pair of shoes that are 1/2 size too big.  I filled out the exchange slip and will take it to the UPS store on Monday.  Now I guess I can expect to be calling QVC about this if the shoes are still available in my size at that time.

I feel like you do. I returned two pants and simply reordered in the size I need rather than exchange because I have had no luck. I called CS about the exchange and they noted to not charge me return shipping. But I still had to pay the original shipping on all four pairs. 15 days can go by from the day of the original order till your exchange slip is processed. That’s too much time, during which items sell out. I have read at least four different scenarios on how customers returned items because the exchange process is so poorly executed. This process needs a fix.

Valued Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

This thread is discouraging to me.  I just bought a pair of shoes that are 1/2 size too big.  I filled out the exchange slip and will take it to the UPS store on Monday.  Now I guess I can expect to be calling QVC about this if the shoes are still available in my size at that time.

Yes, you better give them a call and give them a heads up!!!

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@NickNackwrote:

Yes, you better give them a call and give them a heads up!!!

Yes, I will do that @highmaintenancejan.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: EXCHANGES?!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]

@highmaintenancejan@NickNack@ScarletDove@millieshops@Annabellethecat66

On another thread I asked the social team for help on understanding the return policy. Here is the kind response from Beth-QVC:

We had pretty much sorted out the free exchange after many false starts. However the sheer number of returns under the holiday return process has underminded that process considerably. I will (and have been) forwarded the information from the forums to the powers that be...
My suggestion is to contact CS to advise them of any returns that you wish to exchange rather than refund. The CS rep SHOULD then mark the information which should alert the warehouse which is fully mechanised. (mostly no human hands). Or you could send the social team an email and we would then be on the alert for the return and hopefully be able to ensure you receive your exchange if truly available.
Beth QVC

Valued Contributor

I have never, not once, in all the years buying from QVC have an exchange processed correctly.  Many times I am waiting for the correct size etc to be sent out only to find that they ignored my request and credited my account with the price minus shipping.  I have called each time and did get a credit for shipping but what a pain

Valued Contributor

Knock on wood, I've had success with exchanges over the last month or so.  I don't exchange much, but if I do I write the word "EXCHANGE" on the outside of the package.  Hopefully that gives someone a heads up when they finally receive it.  Of course, it takes a month for the whole exchange process to take place.  I've not had to call CS after the initial glitches with returns/exchanges.

My feeling is that if QVC doesn't exchange as I've requested or does not have the stock, then it's their loss (and of course, mine).  But I really didn't "need" it anyway.  There's plenty of other retailers to buy from.

Contributor

I recently received (4)  orders that were duplicates or on one triplicate.!! I called Customer Service and she said, no problem, just note "received wrong item " and I will get credited for shipping to and from on those items and that easy pay will be corrected. Now I have to look for them to be received and correct  amounts to be credited correctly. I don't have high hopes that this isn't going to be a complete mess to have corrected.

I shouldn't have to spend part of my afternoon packaging, writing an explanation on the return form and then driving to the post office, waiting in line and then waiting for a credit to my credit card. This is ridculous! The receiving person could care less about the inconvience it has caused me. Like I said, I doubt this is going to go well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: EXCHANGES?!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]

When the hosts explain the free exchange process they do so with a smile on their face and are very believable but the sad reality is qvc has used them for no other reason than to add to their sales.  Yes, it is nothing but a sales tactic.  When the information is not relayed to the staff who work in all the various warehouses there is probably a very good reason for that; one has to realize that the returns don't necessarily end up in the same place that the item that is needed, is stored! Do the staff have the ability to communicate to the warehouses where the item in question is stored?  Are they allowed to look at your account to achieve the actual exchange process?  One could easily see how problematic this is.  

Honored Contributor

@makenawrote:

I've never had a problem.  You can always call first so they note it in their computers then there is no question. 

I don't think there's "anything wrong with CS."  It's a give and take thing.  Communication is key.

Customer service personnel are sitting in a building answering phones.  They don't have anything to do with receiving returned merchandise or sending out exchanges therefore @makena  is correct, there is nothing wrong with CS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment