Trusted Contributor

Last year it went down from 5 to 3 ez pays.

Honored Contributor
On 6/6/2014 kze said:

Last year it went down from 5 to 3 ez pays.

I thought so!

Honored Contributor

I hardly buy anything unless it is on Easy Pay. I end up sending 1/2 of what I get anyway (usually doesn't fit) so that way I'm not out a lot of money.

Before I buy anything I automatically add the amount of shipping onto the cost of the item. Then I decide if I want it.

It is stupid the way QVC charges shipping on almost, every single thing!! They don't get a lot of my money because of that shipping.

That's the same way banks keep asking me why I won't bank with them. Why? Because they charge me money to have my money.

QVC passes on their cost to us. Yet when they have free shipping the Hosts make a big deal out of how much money we are saving.

Can you imagine if it were like Pinocchio and every time a lie was told.....the nose would grow and grow!

Trusted Contributor

Last year's June Easy Pay day was still 5 easy pays as all the June events have been. If you bought anything that day last year, just check your order status on easy payment orders and you will see them spread over 5 months. They have always offered 5 e/p for the June event, however, for the other e/p days spaced throughout the year (sometimes just one other, sometimes two) they offer either 3 or 4 easy pays.

The only other all easy pay day they have had this year was in early March and it was for 3 e/p only. There were years in the past when they held the e/p day in February and that was for 4. They vary them to avoid overlapping - in other words, if the e/p day is in February, they can permit 4 e/p because they will be paid off in May, hence not overlapping into June's Easy Pay Day. This year, they moved it back to March, so they limited them to 3 e/p so they would also be paid off by May.

If you look at their easy pay events historically on QVC, they always space them out so the Easy Pay Days do not share overlapping months. I'm assuming they do this to prevent customers from getting too buried with an excessive amounts of easy pays - just a guess on my part but it makes sense.

In my memory, the only other month when an easy pay event has been held was in November - June payments would be paid off in October. And depending whether they intend to hold another e/p event early in the following year, they will limit the easy pays to either 3 or 4. If held in February, the previous November event will have 3 and if they move it to March, the November could then be 4.

I just started paying attention, a few years back, to when they held them and the amount of e/p each time and throughout the years, this has consistently been their pattern.

Trusted Contributor

Wackers, maybe I'm thinking of March but I thought it was last June. Hope you're right.

Honored Contributor

I think for the past few years they've been doing it in March and in June. Go figure. Wish they'd do it around the holidays but they never seem to. I didn't recall it going from five to three, but as tight fisted as they are with them, it doesn't surprise me. I guess three is better than none, but it might be nice if they followed the competition's example and let customers choose from two up to five. Yea, it might be more complicated, but the others do it all the time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I wanted to get a Keurig for my son and daughter in law but the S&H will prevent me from buying it.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor
On 6/6/2014 JaneMarple said:

I wanted to get a Keurig for my son and daughter in law but the S&H will prevent me from buying it.

Try Kohl's. They have them on sale a lot plus their discounts and free shipping over $75. or $100. purchase.

Trusted Contributor
On 6/6/2014 annabellethecat said:

I hardly buy anything unless it is on Easy Pay. I end up sending 1/2 of what I get anyway (usually doesn't fit) so that way I'm not out a lot of money.

Before I buy anything I automatically add the amount of shipping onto the cost of the item. Then I decide if I want it.

It is stupid the way QVC charges shipping on almost, every single thing!! They don't get a lot of my money because of that shipping.

That's the same way banks keep asking me why I won't bank with them. Why? Because they charge me money to have my money.

QVC passes on their cost to us. Yet when they have free shipping the Hosts make a big deal out of how much money we are saving.

Can you imagine if it were like Pinocchio and every time a lie was told.....the nose would grow and grow!

Last month when they had easy pay on Designer Fashion clearance from 05/17 - 05/22, I flipped through the 17 pages, and added items I was interested in to my cart. I normally don't do this but did it so I could get through the list and then decide which items to keep. I was shocked when QVC charged me full price S&H on only the most expensive item and 1/2 off for everything else. I ordered from Linea, Marc Bouwer and Susan Graver, in the same order, and only paid full shipping on one item.

I'm glad I put items in my cart. That was the first time, that I was aware of, where QVC gave you 1/2 shipping for any fashion item in your cart, regardless of the designer or that it was not 2 of the same item. Similiar to what HSN does.

Contributor
On 6/6/2014 JaneMarple said:

Another suggestion for a Keurig is Bon-Ton. I heard about them on the boards here. I shop with them online since we don't have any in Colorado. They have very good sales throughout the year and you can use more than 1 coupon code on one order, i.e. a percentage off as well as a free shipping code.

I have purchased a 5 qt. Kitchen Aid mixer from them--about 240.00 with a rebate as well as the Keurig Platinum for around 135.00 when there was a sale and a rebate available--free shipping and just my state tax, not local. I hope you find a good deal on a Keurig!

Kittytalk