Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
Advertising a new show, with a popular host, and then offering the same old, same old products is disingenuous. C'mon Q, there's a whole big world out there full of new products, up and coming inventors, designers, etc. and to stick with the same tired line-up is a big yawn. As a former customer who used to spend a small fortune (and no longer does), I wonder what audience you're trying to capture. I'm in my 60s and not interested, know plenty of millenials and they're not interested, so who are you trying to reach?

I really believe home TV shopping is going to go the way of the DoDo bird if they continue down the same path. SHAKE IT UP!

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 - The funny thing is that the Q could be really, really lazy and still come up with better programming! They have thousands of items available, and hundreds of them are never aired at all, so the only thing they'd need to do is present them as "first time on air" products, get a host who can read an information sheet and then share ideas about how to use them, and voila—fresh new shows with tons of potential new sales for things that were just languishing in a warehouse somewhere.

Respected Contributor

Good grief, did someone really spend time planning this dreary lineup of reruns? Putting a favorite host name on this program to sell it reminds me that you can put lipstick on a pig, and it’s still a pig...

Honored Contributor

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

At the begginnng of show thought gonna be good & then straight downhill after the preview☹️

after 35 minutes of humidifier ---snooze

after 22 minutes of Pre-sale TSV apple watch -- flick

returned to 20 min of Lttle Giant ladder....I had enough!!  

Turned it off certainly don't need Biocleaner (junk), Mr Beams sensor lights, or guard ID tool....

Where o where were the home, kitchen, decor talked about in the Instagram post he did earlier...🤔

BORING worse than watching paint dry!  😉Sorry, David I won't tune in again...

Yet Im sure because we all enjoy all 6'6" of you (did learn this tonight) sales were good -- the bottom line of the show -sell sell !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't even mind the TSV being presented a couple times IF:  they were presented later in the show; they were limited to a quick 5-minute description/presentation of what it is; and there were a few actual new products shown.  I won't make a point of watching again.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Don't count on any new products; here's the line-up

TSV Humidifier:  Seen it

Apple Watch:  Seen it

HALO Bolt:  Seen it more times than I care to remember

Bio Cleaner:  Seen it

Campanelli Microfiber Duster Kit:  Seriously, seen it

Candle Impressions Indoor/Outdoor Lantern:  Seen it

Battery Organizer: Seen it

Don Aslett Mats: Seen it

Little Giant Step Stool:  Seen it

Nellie's Laundry Detergent: Seen it on HSN, but points for new on QVC

Slanket:  Seen it

Guard Your ID Rollers:  Seriously?

There's a few more, but you get the point.

-------------------

All items that have been presented many times before.  How sad for David!  'New' show name but same old boring, repetitive items! 

------------------

ADDED to post....

What a shame!!!  I changed the channel after the first twenty minutes.  Can't see this show getting a big audience if they keep David presenting items that have been seen several times before...

Frequent Contributor

Watched David's show last night.  Not impressed ....same old items....Disappointment.  I really thought it would be good.  I like David a lot....I know he could have a great show just showing some areas of his home and some of the places he has traveled.  Granted I know he must present products as well but can't it be something new?  Hope next weeks will be better.....:-)

Super Contributor

That is not always QVC fault most of the time it has to do with the other people who handle the item after it leaves their warehouse. UPS and USPS have to wait for delivery just like everyone else. They deal with the weather and other things just like we do. I have no idea why people are in such hurry these days, especially when it is humans who do much of the work. Can you imagine how many package that person does in eight hours, before you complain think of the human side first.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyann45 - I think you might have intended to post your comment on a different thread...?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Down Home With David!

[ Edited ]

I kept wishing that Lisa Robertson was on instead!

Did anyone else notice his reference to his other show by mistake!! At the very beginning he referred to the new show as “In the Kitchen with David!!” That is when I just switched it off!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston - He acknowledged his error a few minutes later and laughed along with the humidifier vendor, citing new-show jitters. It's really too bad the show was so dull and filled with the same things it would be if any other host were presenting...