Trusted Contributor

Re: Does QVC Delete Negative Reviews ?

@seaBreeze wrote:

"Kind" negative reviews do get posted--some of mine written "in haste" when I was upset never were posted.

My experience has been totally the opposite.  

The only reviews, I've ever had declined, were glowing ones?

Ive had a couple of very negative reviews, post immediately. One, I wished I could go back and edit.  After I reviewed the item, I realized my major complaint was my own fault. I didn't pay enough attention, to information available.  

Respected Contributor

I have had a couple not post. I do think there is a glitch in their software on apple devices that sometimes causes them to be deleted or not to post, have had that happen to me several times. When it does I just forget about it and do not rewrite my review. One review in particular that never posted even though it was processed was for macaroons. The vendor clearly stated in the online video that they would be shipped with dry ice even though they were not, I wrote that in my comment and it never posted. Ever since that happened I am very skeptical about anything that particular vendor has to say about any product she represents.
Respected Contributor

I have posted both good and negative reviews. All have posted but for one because they didn't like the word I used to indicate the specific part of the pants that didn't fit properly. I think the reviews can make a difference. One kitchen item had all bad reviews and it actually disappeared from the web site. To be fair, I have seen bad reviews that have left me wondering why the review was allowed; complaints that the color looked bad with their complexion or the item didn't arrive in time for a vacation. I ignore these kinds of comments.

Gary of Denim and Co has mentioned many times that items, pants in particular, have been redesigned based on customer recommendations for improvement. I would think these had to be complaints ecpressed in the reviews.

I read reviews before purchasing. One can quickly discern which to ignore and those that speak to quality or fit. I appreciate people taking the time to provide helpful information, the positive and the negative.

Esteemed Contributor

Let's face it.  A lot of the reviews especially for clothing are just plain useless and quite frankly stupid.  Statements like "My husband didn't like the color on me so I returned the item." or "I wanted to wear this to a party and it arrived too late" are pretty useless.  Reviewers need to write about the quality of the fabric and manufacture of the item and the fit of the item.  I always appreciate posters who give me their height, weight and sizing information when writing reviews.  If someone is 5 ft 8 and weighs 130 lbs and says the item looks great on them and the fit is perfect that means nothing to me who is a 5 ft 4 in h Plus size woman.

Esteemed Contributor

It's why I take reviews in the aggregate if possible when there are a lot of them.

Here's a recent manipulation that I've seen on the Canadian shopping channel, the reviews by default used to be newest on top. You  could  change the sort to oldest or highest or lowest rating yourself. But with new management they have changed the default to highest ratings first so all negative reviews end up at the bottom of the list. Likely to copy HSN as the new TSC president is a past executive from HSN.

Respected Contributor

In my experience, to answer the OP's question:  YES.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

QVC *manipulates* reviews. I suspect they will attempt to not post severely negative reviews in the first place for one reason or another, so they're not "there" to be deleted. I have seen them show a solid page of 5 and 4 star reviews, when the day before there were a lot of 2-3 star reviews - at the top - they appear to shuffle them. 

But the biggest way they manipulate reviews is to change one tiny thing about what they are offering so they can give it a new item #. If something has a new item # they can (and usually do) wipe out all previous reviews. There might be an item that's been around a year or two and got sucky reviews. They drop the price $3 and call it some kind of "special", change the item # and voilà, no reviews for an item that had 34 the day before.

I personally stay away from those items.  Not right to change the item number to hide the bad reviews.