Contributor

Does QVC Delete Negative Reviews ?

I can't help by wonder as I was interested in a Dennis Basso clearance coat, but after reading the reviews there were many, many reviews that were complaining about it's terrible clasps that made the coat hard to close let alone open them to simply try on the coat and they were breaking and falling off the coat. There was nothing said in those reviews that would have violating the standards in posting., many  Then in week there are many, many positive reviews raving about this same coat and QVC keeps return and it seemingly always pops up as "deal" on their website.  Then I noticed that you don't have to have purchased an item to post a review, what's with that?? Makes me question the reliability of reviews seeing that they can be manipulated so easy. Of course they are the the reviews that are not fair, or for whatever reason may not agree with my opinion so I do do filer those out. This just seems very suspicious to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does QVC Delete Negative Reviews ?

@lessismsore I do not know for sure about deleting them, I do know that some of my negative reviews (all within rules) never posted though.

Respected Contributor

In one word:  Yes

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

QVC *manipulates* reviews. I suspect they will attempt to not post severely negative reviews in the first place for one reason or another, so they're not "there" to be deleted. I have seen them show a solid page of 5 and 4 star reviews, when the day before there were a lot of 2-3 star reviews - at the top - they appear to shuffle them. 

But the biggest way they manipulate reviews is to change one tiny thing about what they are offering so they can give it a new item #. If something has a new item # they can (and usually do) wipe out all previous reviews. There might be an item that's been around a year or two and got sucky reviews. They drop the price $3 and call it some kind of "special", change the item # and voilà, no reviews for an item that had 34 the day before.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Reguarding  that smile...your smile could make someones day, it may be the only smile they get that day!

!

Respected Contributor

QVC totally manipulates reviews in many ways. They change the "deal", make it a "feature price", bring in more colors, offer it in a different configuration, etc. Each time the negative reviews disappear.

Jtv does not do this, it posts scathing reviews that stay at the top until another review displaces it.

Respected Contributor

All of my negative reviews have always posted, but I am not mean about the negative aspects of a purchase.  

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

All of my negative reviews have always posted, but I am not mean about the negative aspects of a purchase.  

"Mean" is totally subjective. If a review passes standards it should be posted. Some people, however, can't resist hysterical, OTT hyperbole. Look in Customer Care any hour of any day for examples. THAt type of review will most likely never make it, and the poster will freak out and "never understand" why. LOL. If they *truly* don't understand why, they have way more issues than a shopping channel problem.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I have always wondered about reviews.  Can the Q have employees write reviews?  You will see a bunch of horrible reviews and then here comes the 5 star group.  Something to think about.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

"Kind" negative reviews do get posted--some of mine written "in haste" when I was upset never were posted.