Esteemed Contributor

Some of them get much, much worse commentary on their QVC social media pages than here.  What is posted here is mild by comparison and, of course, highly moderated.

Honored Contributor

I really don't know...but if I were them?  I wouldn't read these boards OR the social media. 

It is up to mgt. to oversee and correct.  QVC should have employees collecting CONSTRUCTIVE input and mgt should proceed accordingly.

50 people here shouldn't dictate...we are not their bosses.  However, good ideas and suggestions are sometimes posted.  QVC should be the ones to collect the input, not the hosts themselves as far as I am concerned.

Just because I don't like a host saying/doing this or that...doesn't mean QVC has a problem with it.  Remember, just cuz we suggest it, doesn't mean they have to listen!

I DO know that Pat received nasty feedback somehow a while back regarding a horizontal stripe top she had worn.  She said right out it hurt her feelings.

I think we sometimes forget the human element as we hide behind our keyboards and type anything we want.

Trusted Contributor

I think they do, just human nature. Which is why I think we should all be a little kinder.  Myself included.

Most of us have never had a job like theirs so we have no idea what they do.  I know I could never do it.

I also know I have very thin skin and would be in tears all the time.

What some of us love in a host, some of us hate.  That is just human nature.  Life would be so boring if we all loved the same things.

Honored Contributor

Well, they definitely read their FB and Instagram pages.  Some of those comments can be extremely brutal.  I notice more recently, the hosts are not ignoring those, they respond right back, trying to be tactful, but direct.  Posters talk about how hosts are raising their kids (as if they know); if they should be wearing a certain outfit "at their age;" asking if they're pregnant or if it's pandemic-weight, etc.  These are on the hosts' own page!  

On some of the QVC-Group pages, like the new I Love QVC page, posters say some of the most hateful things.  Then go silent when the host joins the conversation to respond.  It's not just the hosts either, awful things are said about the vendors as well.  

Critiquing is one thing. But an adult clearly knows the difference between pointing out a job-related issue, vs. bashing someone's parenting, looks or age, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you suppose......

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam    We've been told that during training, the hosts are advised not to read the boards.  The only one who I think did read and occasionally commented on them was Antonella. 

@Kachina624 

I know Antonella said on air she read the comments on the now defunct website called TWOP (Television Without Pity).....The comments there about Antonella were always pretty positive....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam 

• This Forum is for customers!  The hosts and vendors read, focus, and actively participate on their Facebook and Instagram Pages and customers and viewers do make comments there..... That alone is enough to keep them busy, along with their other job responsibilities...

Few QVC employees are even authorized to post here and even vendors are prohibited from being here.....  Occasionally one of the Mods have posted that they forwarded the comments/suggestions in a thread on to the appropriate Department, at least they used to.... The Mods are the ones that are in charge and they moderate the Forums and remove posts that are not compliant with the Guidelines. 

There's also a Feedback Tool on the Forum for customer's to make their opinion known about everything and anything that has to do with QVC. These are collected and forwarded on.  I hope the thought of these uncensored comments/opinions arent keeping people up at night...😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

do you suppose the qvc hosts ever read these threads?in a way,maybe they could take some advice,and correct what customers do not like.but,it also could be very hurtful to them.i truly try not to bash any of them.sure,I have my favs,but I will not be rude towards them either

Since each poster has their own opinion on who they like and/or not like and why it would be hard for a host to change to please each person.  Nor would I change personally just to please a poster telling me what I should do or should not do.  As long as my employer isn't complaining, I wouldn't care.

@rms1954 

Its just like Surveys that Company's send out through email, or even when you shop in person the Cashiers  will urge you to complete the survey and the info is on your receipt......Not every customer responds to these surveys, but the companies still use the feedback they receive from the small sample in evaluating their business...As my mom used to say, "its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil"....so the census of the majority of those that do respond do get heard.....now that doesnt mean EVERY suggestion will be put into action...

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Let me be honest.  If I were QVC host, I 100% would read the boards. Not everything, but the juicy parts, for sure.

Many of them do...and if they read something interesting, they probably mention it to coworkers.  it's human nature.

@Carmie    It's very obvious those who NEED to read them don't because they surely don't heed them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I wouldn't heed either.  The posters do not employ them.  Some hosts do things that drive some people crazy, but as long as they can sell, they don't need to change.

Example: the happy dance.  Some hate it, some love it and most people probably don't care either way.  The happy dance host sells...a lot!  Nothing will change because there is a complaint from a few people.

The hosts with the most complaints are the ones who have the core hours.  You only get those hours if you can sell.

QVC and the hosts are only concerned with their bottom line.  The constant  complaining on the forums about the same old stuff is just a waste of time for the poster.  

Some comments attacking the hosts way of dressing, hair styles, body size and mispronouncing words are rude and mean.  That is just wrong on all levels.   No one wants those types of negative comments made about them.  As adults, posters should know better. Once a bully..always a bully.  It can't be disguised as constructive criticism.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam We'll never know. And I honestly don't know or care!