Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone notice the comment Bob Mackie made?????

@SunValley "He is recognised within his industry for his expertise"

Yeah, who would have thought what you can do w/draps & a rod other than decorating a window...

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at Thu, Sep 22, 2016-5.35.12 PM.png

Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Juniebugz  You are correct.  It was JG.   This was several weeks ago also.

Esteemed Contributor

@susan  They may be everywhere, but that don't mean they look right with sequined jackets.  I don't blame Bob at all.  If I was him, I would refuse for a host to wear torn jeans with my clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Could not agree with you more.  You said it perfectly.  

Respected Contributor

Respect goes both ways.  I don't watch much live programming, so I don't know specifically what was said.  If he did make a comment specific about a host on air, then shame on him.  If he has a problem with a host, that should be dealt with off air with management, not on air to embarrass.  Dennis Basso was dragged over the coals (as he should have been) for popping off at a host on air.  Bob Mackie should be held to the same standard.

Respected Contributor

Ahh, yes, the iconic drapery dress Mr. Mackie created for a comedy sketch. It was so creative and well done that it is remembered decades later. He created a costume that was perfectly aligned with the script writer's imagery and the star's figure. I agree, he knew exactly how to use drapes and a rod.

I admire anyone who can achieve a sustained and successful design career such as Bob Mackie has done. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

He commented on not liking torn jeans?   Also commented that he worked with a host that had torn jeans on and didn't like it?   Won't mention any names, but that host was put down on these boards for doing that.  See we customers are not wrong with our opinions. 

I heard Bob make the comment and thought "good for him"!!  He doesn't want torn jean worn with his designs. I don't get the "fashion" look of torn jeans.  I think torn jeans ONLY belong in a box of clothes ready for Goodwill!

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Respect goes both ways.  I don't watch much live programming, so I don't know specifically what was said.  If he did make a comment specific about a host on air, then shame on him.  If he has a problem with a host, that should be dealt with off air with management, not on air to embarrass.  Dennis Basso was dragged over the coals (as he should have been) for popping off at a host on air.  Bob Mackie should be held to the same standard.

I agree with you, @Buck-i-Nana. Keep your mouth shut, make the presentations pleasant for your QVC BUYING audience, and take up any problems you have with a host or their attire off air with TPTB.

Koos Van Den Akker was a piece of work in this department. I will never, EVER forget the time he came down on Patti Reilly about her weight. UNbelievable!!!!! I'm sure Patti will never forget it either as she was stunned and virtually in tears. I give her kudos for holding it all together, carrying on the program with the idiot Koos, and suppressing the urge to kick him in the shin (or in a more vulnerable place) on live television!  

Esteemed Contributor

CArol Burnett as Scarlett. "I saw it in the window and couldn't resist."  one of the funniest lines ever delivered on TV.

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I agree with you, @Buck-i-Nana. Keep your mouth shut, make the presentations pleasant for your QVC BUYING audience, and take up any problems you have with a host or their attire off air with TPTB.

Koos Van Den Akker was a piece of work in this department. I will never, EVER forget the time he came down on Patti Reilly about her weight. UNbelievable!!!!! I'm sure Patti will never forget it either as she was stunned and virtually in tears. I give her kudos for holding it all together, carrying on the program with the idiot Koos, and suppressing the urge to kick him in the shin (or in a more vulnerable place) on live television!  

-------------

Have to say, Koos made some great jackets.  Still

have and wear some of his designs!!