Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone notice the comment Bob Mackie made?????

He commented on not liking torn jeans?   Also commented that he worked with a host that had torn jeans on and didn't like it?   Won't mention any names, but that host was put down on these boards for doing that.  See we customers are not wrong with our opinions. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone notice the comment Bob Mackie made?????

Huh? Bob Mackie's opinion doesn't make anyone's opinion right. It's just an opinion like anyone elses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe

I agree with him.  I remember when Amy Stran used to wear them.  I like them on her okay.  But if you are trying to sell new clothing - possibly not the best choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard that conversation....that host is on right now...she is the only one that wears torn jeans and it looks disgusting...and disrespectful...to her job...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's us old people that don't "get" torn jeans.  If I live to be 100, I'll never understand paying big bucks for something that's ripped and torn.  Bob probably thought said host didn't show proper respect for his line by dressing like a hobo.  I can understand that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom  You evidentally didn't see the original post.   Bob Mackie sells top of the line clothing.  It was mentioned that the torn jeans were not appropriate for his beautiful shirts and jackets.   I agree with whoever made that post! 

Respected Contributor

He's famous for that.  A bit of a big head, he thinks he's the expert.  One day one of the hosts wore a short sleeve T-shirt under something (can't remember what the item was) and she had been on earlier in the day.  During a later show he commented that he would never pair a T-shirt with the item she had on.  I remember thinking that was not necessary of him.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I agree and if someone wants to wear torn jeans fine.   You don't do that on the air with a designer like Bob Mackie.  

Occasional Contributor

Torn jeans are everywhere for everyone. Personally I like them within reason.  Bob Mackie has a right to his opionion as does everyone else.  Putting a host down because she wears torn jeans is just wrong.  It is one of the hottest fashion trends out there at the moment.  Personally I do not care for Bob Mackie designs but I do not fault people that do.

Valued Contributor

@circles wrote:

I heard that conversation....that host is on right now...she is the only one that wears torn jeans and it looks disgusting...and disrespectful...to her job...

Wrong.

I saw the thread, so did a fast search and it was Jacque not Amy:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Jacque/td-p/2925260/highlight/true/page/4