Esteemed Contributor

i have noticed that somtimes threads are poofed and they remain visible like the multiple ones shilling Amazon today. Other times, they are completely gone, as if they never existed. What determines which threads get which treatment? I wish they would just completely delete the Amazon ones since they appear in so many forums.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

The Amazon Shiller should be blocked from the Forum going forward.  He/She clearly knew they were going against QVC's posting policy -- and just being an incredible nuisance.

Honored Contributor

I'd also like to see that thread totally removed -- and further, if it was started by anyone they can identify, I wish that person would be banned and banned and banned and banned. 

Respected Contributor

It was a new user, I assume it was the same person as yesterday.  Not sure why the whole thread wasn't zapped.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I think there are shills for many products that fly under the radar because they are less obvious. I have more issues with the deceptive practices of that type, than the recent Amazon type. But I think the Amazon type validates my suspicion as to the other.

Respected Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I think there are shills for many products that fly under the radar because they are less obvious. I have more issues with the deceptive practices of that type, than the recent Amazon type. But I think the Amazon type validates my suspicion as to the other.

Without any evidence, the way it was done I'm guessing it's a regular member signed up and slammed several forums with the link.   Same thing happened yesterday.   It obviously wasn't real spam or shill.   There are people here that think no one can find a sale on their own or something.  LOL   IP tracing isn't what it used to be, so that's not necessarily an option.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, I just don't like the idea of have threads disappeared. I just don't like it. 

However, if some vendor is clearly adding their commercial spam to the QVC forums then I think QVC should be taking steps to discourage them. 

Completely deleting these commercial spam posts would be a good start. 

To rephrase a well known Supreme Court quote... 

What is commercial spam? You just know it when you see it. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy