Occasional Contributor

Shipping says delivered but I didn't get anything

I got an email from QVC saying that my item had shipped and gave me the tracking information. I checked the tracking this morning around 9 am and it said it was out for delivery. I went out to breakfast for my birthday and came back to wait for delivery. I checked on the status of the delivery around 3:45 pm and it said it had been delivered and "left with a man". I'm a woman and no man lives here. So I immediately called QVC and they told me that they had to send the issue to corporate and see what they can do and to call back tomorrow. I've gotta a few big items from QVC and haven't had any issue with delivery. Now I'm worried and upset because what I ordered is for a Christmas gift and I don't have it. Has anyone experienced anything like this? And shouldn't they be requiring UPS to have someone sign for the packages so there's a POD on file?
Respected Contributor

@Michell83 wrote:
I got an email from QVC saying that my item had shipped and gave me the tracking information. I checked the tracking this morning around 9 am and it said it was out for delivery. I went out to breakfast for my birthday and came back to wait for delivery. I checked on the status of the delivery around 3:45 pm and it said it had been delivered and "left with a man". I'm a woman and no man lives here. So I immediately called QVC and they told me that they had to send the issue to corporate and see what they can do and to call back tomorrow. I've gotta a few big items from QVC and haven't had any issue with delivery. Now I'm worried and upset because what I ordered is for a Christmas gift and I don't have it. Has anyone experienced anything like this? And shouldn't they be requiring UPS to have someone sign for the packages so there's a POD on file?

Call your local UPS.  Generally the driver will know where he left it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping says delivered but I didn't get anything

I haven't been asked to sign for any delivery from any retailer for more than about 18 years.  That was for a computer setup costing thousands of dollars, not so unusual at the time.

OP-  no idea where your package is, but I hope the man who accepted it for you is an honest person because no matter what QVC does now, it will take time.

I did once have a package delivered to the wrong address - QVC took care of my problem, but it did not happen in 2 days and it wasn't Christmas time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Michell83 When this happened to me, I didn't call the sender,  I called UPS.  The dispatcher called the driver and it turned out he had left it at a house a block away.  An hour later it was at my house.  It would never have occurred to me to call QVC, since they weren't making the delivery.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I agree - call UPS!

Esteemed Contributor

Contact UPS not the sender.

Respected Contributor

Yes!  This happens and your order will show up tomorrow.  I think the UPS drivers do this to show they delivered everything on their truck, so they don't get in trouble.  This happens to me almost every year and I receive the item the next day, 

Occasional Contributor

Hopefully they can help me. I've never had this issue and it worries me. I've asked my neighbors and no one has seen any package or accepted any. I did contact ups and they said the driver delivered it. I live in a gated apartment complex and the manager let's deliveries in. But when I spoke to my manager he said that he didn't buzz ups in.
Frequent Contributor

Has happened to me several times, UPS puts down that they delivered ithe package and often it gets delivered the next day. I hate that! but it  happens. Your story is a little different in that UPS says a Man picked it up -sounds like it may have either been delivered to the wrong address or someone may be waiting for packages that do not belong to them.

Respected Contributor

@Michell83  Since you told UPS you didn't receive your package did UPS say they would check with the driver and get back to you?