Occasional Contributor

Re: Shipping says delivered but I didn't get anything

They did tell me that they would get back to me and they did. And that's when they told me that the driver said he gave it to a man. I explained to them that a man doesn't live at my residence and no one came to my door. But they weren't any help.
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping for better news for you!

Respected Contributor

I had a weird experience that was fortunately straigtened out by the folks at the Q. We were receiving parts of a collection every 3 months.  These were my husband's, a gift from me, but I just never paid much attention to when they arrived.  We received a shipment in Nov., but never got the items that were supposed to come in Sept. 

I called CS and was told those items were no longer available.  What a bummer!  Since this collection has been on-going for a couple years, these items were among the last and the set wouldn't be complete without them.  CS told me that they had been returned!  We would not have done that because the purpose was to complete the set.

I mentioned this in a post here and someone from the QVC team saw it and they were able to find the missing items and they sent them to us.  We were so very pleased!

Weird things certainly happen.  I have no idea who received these items and then sent them back.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your package.  In the last week I had  three packages from QVC left on my porch that were not mine.  These packages were addressed to people on my street and I delivered them to these neighbors.  Hopefully the man who accepted the package will realize it is not addressed to him and return it to you.  Fingers crossed.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It happened to me last year, or the year before.  I was expecting a Dooney and Bourke purse and UPS marked it delivered.  I walked up and down my block looking for it.  I was so upset and emailed QVC customer service.  They were so kind and started the process for a refund (it was sold out).  The package showed up on my porch a few hours later.  I had to email QVC back and let them know that I received the purse right away.  But I will never forget how relieved QVC made me feel when they handled my problem so quickly and kindly.  Maybe they are a bit slower now that so many mistakes happen.  I still don't know if UPS or a neighbor brought it to my house.  But since then I have had UPS mark things delivered and not bring them until hours later or the next day.  So hang in there.  It might turn up.  And QVC will help you if it doesn't.  I find emailing them the best way to handle problems because they can look your question over (maybe even show it to another person if they need help rectifying the situation) and you have a written record of what is going on.

Honored Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

Yes!  This happens and your order will show up tomorrow.  I think the UPS drivers do this to show they delivered everything on their truck, so they don't get in trouble.  This happens to me almost every year and I receive the item the next day, 

I've had one driver put on the tracking info that he tried to deliver the item and no one was home to receive it!  Well....I was home all day and he did not try to deliver it and it didn't need a signature!  I called UPS immediately and found out he got behind, so he did just what you said so he wouldn't get in trouble.

On another occasion during winter same thing......no package.  And yet by coincidence I saw the UPS truck zoom right past my drive.  By 4 o'clock, there he went again, zooming past in the other direction and I knew the package was out for delivery, so I checked tracking.  He'd written that our driveway wasn't plowed so he couldn't deliver!  I was straight on the phone to UPS and complained.  They contacted the driver and told him to get back here, then phoned me.  I said I would DRIVE my car to the end of our driveway (it's 708 feet to be exact) and meet him.  I drove to prove that our driveway was plowed.  (I should know, I plow it!)

You should've seen his face when he got out to hand me the package.  I didn't say a word, just looked at my drive and my car.  He said "Sorry about that......"  I got in my car and returned to the house.  I'm sure he heard about it later.

Generally, they do a very good job, but there has been that one who would put whatever he wanted to, if he got behind in deliveries, and make you wait for your packages.

Occasional Contributor

Reading everyone's feedback makes me hopeful. I've never had any issues with UPS and I hope that everything will be fixed. Fingers crossed it will show up tomorrow since it's a Christmas gift for someone. If it doesn't come I'm going to be really upset. QVC seems to be great and I'm sure they'll help however they can.

I bet the ups driver felt dumber than dirt when you drove down your driveway lol.
Respected Contributor

Try not to panic yet.  I have had lots of packages delivered this season, and I have nothing but good to say, even with the one that wasn't perfect.  I saw a notice online that it was delivered.  It wasn't, but was the next day.  I totally agree you should be contacting the carrier.  You don't need an extra layer of confusion. 

Respected Contributor

I've had one package say tried to deliver.   I was home and everyone just leaves them on the door step anyway.   

The last time I talked to the UPS guy (there's several on this route)  he said they are not allowed to drive into anyone's driveway now.  I have a 160' driveway and no one likes this route.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

One day I was checking my internet for items delivered. It told me that an item had been delivered and that was months ago. I was having eye surgery and probably not keeping track like I usually do. I called CS and they said their records show that the item was never put in my mailbox and gave me full credit. I thought that was very kind of the Q. I think if you talk to CS they may be able to help you.