Respected Contributor

I'm a big fan of his but only know about him via his shows on Q. I've not read any articles though plan on getting the magazine where he's on the cover.  I hear him talk endearingly about his mother on his ITKWD shows, but just curious---has he ever mentioned his dad?  Was he raised by his mom?  Any sibs?

Honored Contributor

@KKJ  His Dad passed away I believe a long time ago. He does have siblings but don't remember what he posted about them.

Respected Contributor

According to the internet, his father Jon Venable died on April 3, 2006 and David has 1sister and 3 other brothers. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info!  I always thought it would be neat if he had his mom on a show since he got his cooking inspiration from her growing up.

Honored Contributor

Better hurry to get the magazine, as I got it yesterday and they already had the new issue out. Just happened to be one left of David.

Also, I thought the article said he was raised by his single mom. I may have misread that. It had a photo of he, his mother, his sister, and his brother.

Esteemed Contributor

David has often mentioned he was raised by his single mother.  I've never heard his even mention his father.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Yes, David often speaks of his father especially when the hand pie lady come on . He talks about his Dad talking him on road trips when he was little, and his Dad would get him some sort of hand pie and nice cold small carton of milk to go with.

Respected Contributor

I had underestimated David's talent until I saw him make an appearance on the Rachael Ray talk/cooking show. David appeared with Rachael and another male guest. Not only did he hold his own with them he displayed poise, confidence, and a tremendous camera presence. In fact, I think he stole the show that day or at least his segment. I developed a real appreciation for David's talent that day.

Respected Contributor

Apparently at the time of his father's death, David's parents mustve been divorced previously as Sarah, David's mom, is not mentioned in the obituary. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, David speaks of his Mother as a single Mother raising 3 kids, and the Sunday pot roasts every other Sunday. When she got paid . He speaks of this when they are selling pressure cookers and how long it took his Mother to cook one with out one and using the conventiall way.