Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Dennis back on ShopLC

I dont get Shop LC, but I always liked Dan on HSN, he was very kind and homespun,  and I respected his knowledge of gems. He was mentor to Paul Deasy in the gem biz. 

Respected Contributor

I have a memory of Dan Dennis once dumping a pail of water on Dan Wheeler live at CVN. I got turned off and felt he was bullying Dan Wheeler. Think they were showing a product to be used at a beach or lake at the time. The act was classless.
Contributor

I see he's on ShopLC again.  I still think he's a bit of a strange duck, and bit off kilter.  He should just retire.  Like today's remote hosting -- he's looking off camera, doesn't have make up on his neck, just odd overall.  You would think the last time he parted with ShopLC would be the end of that relationship, but here he is. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe there is something legal involved.  At one time he claimed to be part owner of the company. 

Respected Contributor

@vickyh2 wrote:

I see he's on ShopLC again.  I still think he's a bit of a strange duck, and bit off kilter.  He should just retire.  Like today's remote hosting -- he's looking off camera, doesn't have make up on his neck, just odd overall.  You would think the last time he parted with ShopLC would be the end of that relationship, but here he is. 

Maybe he cannot afford to retire, and it is certainly none of my business,

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

His stories on air about his brushes with death. I really don't want to hear about that! Apparently he was trying to interject his personal experiences with the products he was presenting. 

Valued Contributor

Some people don't know when to retire. He has become A joke.

Respected Contributor

My gut feeling is he has been black balled by the major shopping channels so he has to resort to working at Shop LC.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I happened to be watching him when it was his last show on HSN.  In his goodbye remarks he certainly "burned his bridges" with HSN.  He seemed really ticked off about something.

He frequently mentioned  his "beautiful wife Linda."  I wonder if they are still married...(just being nosey).

However, from watching him, I really learned alot about gemstones, and I even purchased his book.  I wish him well.

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I happened to be watching him when it was his last show on HSN.  In his goodbye remarks he certainly "burned his bridges" with HSN.  

He frequently mentioned  his "beautiful wife Linda."  I wonder if they are still married...(just being nosey).

Yes, they are. His oldest son died suddenly a few years ago. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky