Trusted Contributor

Re: Dan Dennis back on ShopLC

@mom2four0418 

I am so sorry to hear that about his son.  He did mention a son he had with Linda, but I didn't know if he had other children.  I assume the son who died was from a previous marriage?

Very sorry for his loss.

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@mom2four0418 

I am so sorry to hear that about his son.  He did mention a son he had with Linda, but I didn't know if he had other children.  I assume the son who died was from a previous marriage?

Very sorry for his loss.

His son died in 2018, and I actually read it on a thread here. I always thought that the son with Linda was a stepson, but I could be mistaken. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
My gut feeling is he has been black balled by the major shopping channels so he has to resort to working at Shop LC.

You might want to check the definition of black balled..

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 

I'm probably mistaken about the son with Linda, he could very well be Dan's stepson.  

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@mom2four0418 

I'm probably mistaken about the son with Linda, he could very well be Dan's stepson.  

I'm not sure, but he obviously thinks of him as a son, no matter how he came into his life. 

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Before Linda he was married to Claire but I don't know if they had a son.

I haven't watched him in years. I alwsys thought he was a whiner, always complaining about something.

Trusted Contributor

I just saw him this morning on SLC.  He was showing a paperclip bracelet with his name on it and he was just like he was before he left.  He has a tendency to bring the price down and also to offer free shipping.  It just comes quickly out of his mouth so he is very much a loose cannon but I enjoy him.  Welcome back, Dan.

Dan Denis.jpg

Honored Contributor

I know he reads stuff on this forum. He did when his son died a few years ago when he, or someone claiming to be Dan, posted something here which sounded upsetting after a poster said something mean about him.

Honored Contributor

This past Saturday I was channel surfing and came up on this Shop LC for the first time.  What stopped me in my tracks was it was Chuck Clemency hosting the show.  Yesterday I read the article in 2020 that said he was going there.  Had no ideal.  While looking through the LC web site I noticed they have forum chatrooms.  Did not appear to be too poplar to say the least or even very current.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

This past Saturday I was channel surfing and came up on this Shop LC for the first time.  What stopped me in my tracks was it was Chuck Clemency hosting the show.  Yesterday I read the article in 2020 that said he was going there.  Had no ideal.  While looking through the LC web site I noticed they have forum chatrooms.  Did not appear to be too poplar to say the least or even very current.

@beckyb1012 

I post over there under my same avatar name. That forum moves slower than molasses and I mean everything about it...the pages load slow and so do the numbers of posts, too. I rarely go there any more. Their forum features leave much to be desired.