Respected Contributor

Re: DAVID VENABLE'S DOG RUBY

@little missy wrote:

I DID ASK HIM ON FB.  NO REPLY!

@little missy Did you ever think it might hurt to discuss it?  I don't think anyone knows for sure if he did or did not have to give the dog away; however, why do you care?  Why do you want to force someone to discuss something they may not want to talk about?

I still do not want to discuss the loss of my cat who was 21 years old.  I especially would not want to discuss it with a perfect stranger.  Her death was a personal family matter. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why the persistent interest in this dog? 

Contributor

David loved his dog, Ruby!  I got my first dog at about the same time he got Ruby. My dog passed away in 2004 and that's about the time he stopped talking about his girl. She must have passed away. I'm pretty sure David would have never given her away.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm pretty sure Steve Bryant also had a dog named Ruby!   

Steve's dog was Mandy.

@Lucky Dog   Oh, thanks!   That's not ringing a bell at all with me, although i do remember Steve talking about his dog.   Appreciate your setting the record straight! 

Esteemed Contributor

@little missy wrote:

I DID ASK HIM ON FB.  NO REPLY!

@little missy 

Why are you so freakin' obsessed with wanting to know about a dog that has died?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm pretty sure Steve Bryant also had a dog named Ruby!   

Steve's dog was Mandy.

@Lucky Dog   Oh, thanks!   That's not ringing a bell at all with me, although i do remember Steve talking about his dog.   Appreciate your setting the record straight! 

He brought that dog onto the QVC set ! I remember her.  Sadly that dog also passed on.

Visitor

I want to know too.     Dvid used to talk about Ruby all the time when he first got her.   Hmmmmm!

Honored Contributor

I definitely remember David talking a lot about his dog, Ruby.  I think at one point he mentioned he had to give her away since he traveled so much and worked long hours, etc.   

Respected Contributor

@Lindy1948 wrote:

I want to know too.     Dvid used to talk about Ruby all the time when he first got her.   Hmmmmm!

Welcome!  How nice that your first post brings up a subject that long ago ceased to be discussed.  What does anything think happened to a dog that David talked about years ago?  I think the dog passed over the Rainbow Bridge.  Dogs do not live as long as people or apes or elephants, etc.  They pass on.

I am fascinated by the curiosity about a pet David had once upon a time.  How are we ever going to find out?  Should we call in and ask him?  Should we FB him?  Just because he is on tv doesn't make every aspect of his life part of ours. He is a salesperson not our friend.

Trusted Contributor

Been watching QVC for over 20 years and never heard David ever mention a dog.