Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I am fully vaccinated now but I will continue to wear my mask and social distance because we don't know if the varients will be resisted by the vaccine. We also don't know how long the vaccine is effective. Not wearing a mask would be rude at this point in time. Most of my close family are in the process of being vaccinated and I look forward to family gatherings in the near future. I hope most people in Texas have enough common sense to protect themselves regardless of what their politicians allow.

I haven't been wearing one and I am not vaccinated and won't get the vaccine.  A lot are not wearing them where I  live.  I don't think it is being rude if a person chooses to not wear one.  It is a free country and each person has to do what is best for them. 

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I am fully vaccinated now but I will continue to wear my mask and social distance because we don't know if the varients will be resisted by the vaccine. We also don't know how long the vaccine is effective. Not wearing a mask would be rude at this point in time. Most of my close family are in the process of being vaccinated and I look forward to family gatherings in the near future. I hope most people in Texas have enough common sense to protect themselves regardless of what their politicians allow.

I haven't been wearing one and I am not vaccinated and won't get the vaccine.  A lot are not wearing them where I  live.  I don't think it is being rude if a person chooses to not wear one.  It is a free country and each person has to do what is best for them. 

You are pretty brave posting that here. The Covid and mask police will rip you to shreds on these boards!

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

You are pretty brave posting that here. The Covid and mask police will rip you to shreds on these boards!

And your point, @KKJ? Those of us who abide by the wisdom of experts do not really deserve to be ridiculed. The science is on our side. 

But then science apparently has been replaced with personal opinion and politics, so we live in two different worlds now and somehow have to get along.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I am so glad different states are showing us what they do.  My state still has a mandate masks must be worn in any and every  building.  So thankful I live where I live.  Are you numbers down where you live?

Respected Contributor

I live in one of the states that is lifting the mask mandate.  It wasn't really enforced anyway.  A lot of businesses gave us a choice.  Most of us have gotten very good at social distancing, so it's all good.  Virus rate has been down for awhile too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I always say what I feel.  Love your comment!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Covid stuff

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

In our area it's a bit ironic, because with the vaccines and all....the "powers that be" are actually thinking of doing away with the masks requirement since the new case numbers and hospitalizations have been low....  If this becomes "the thing" in other parts of the country a lot of people are going to have a lot of masks that wont be used and just stored away...

Our governor never had a mask mandate and other precautions were minimal (at best) which is why our statistics are always so bad. I won't stop wearing a mask just because some governor or politician said it's ok. I'll follow the scientists who are experts in pandemics.

@CalminHeart 

Im not entirely pleased with the idea of doing away with the masks right now--- some stores are still going to require masks for customers and employees...Because of the horrific artic storm and no electricity or water of course the new cases have been low mainly about 200 a day no new deaths, hospitalizations down, perhaps numbers are so low because people are more concerned about getting their homes repaired due to pipe leaks and snow and ice damage to roofs etc that they arent going to get tested for the virus....I think the decision was done a bit early....Personally I think it was done so "some" could "save face" due to the poor handling of the storm....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

And your point, @KKJ? Those of us who abide by the wisdom of experts do not really deserve to be ridiculed. The science is on our side. 

But then science apparently has been replaced with personal opinion and politics, so we live in two different worlds now and somehow have to get along.

I also abide by science and the wisdom of experts @suzyQ3 .  The last time I thought I was invincible was in my 20's. 

Frequent Contributor

LMAO!!  The "science and wisdom" that is bought and paid for by big pharma - the vaccine manufacturers.....now THAT is funny!!!