Contributor

I know ALL about the reasons for coverage but on the Shopping Channels hawking Masks etc is a bit much. Night and day we are saturated with coverage .....don't we need some other form of entertainment  and other forms of TV coverage....talking about jumping on the band wagaon......I have gotten to the point I dont watch anymore Covid coverage....need something else, If you agree or disagree be kind....

Valued Contributor

Re: Covid stuff

[ Edited ]

I hear you the Dubrows are getting tiresome they  are on continuously selling their covid stuff.

Honored Contributor

It's all part of a big public relations campaign to make us WANT all that stuff

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

In our area it's a bit ironic, because with the vaccines and all....the "powers that be" are actually thinking of doing away with the masks requirement since the new case numbers and hospitalizations have been low....  If this becomes "the thing" in other parts of the country a lot of people are going to have a lot of masks that wont be used and just stored away...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year everyone kept posting that more masks, hand sanitizer, etc should be sold here and obviously people are buying this stuff!  They cannot please everyone but sales speak volumes!  Also, there are many other things on tv to watch for "entertainment"!  I never thought of a shopping channel as the place to go for "entertainment"!!!

Plus those looking for "entertainment " here are usually the ones that proclaim they have stopped purchasing here!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh feel so sorry for the Dubrows , wearing themselves to the bone.

Honored Contributor

@bad4257 wrote:

I know ALL about the reasons for coverage but on the Shopping Channels hawking Masks etc is a bit much. Night and day we are saturated with coverage .....don't we need some other form of entertainment  and other forms of TV coverage....talking about jumping on the band wagaon......I have gotten to the point I dont watch anymore Covid coverage....need something else, If you agree or disagree be kind....

@bad4257. QVC isn't in the entertainment business. It is a retailer selling merchandise to make a profit. It will sell those products that make a profit for it.

If you don't like what is on the air, don't watch QVC but rather look online at the product review of shows that interest you and skip the ones that don't.  

Honored Contributor

It's easy to avoid stuff on TV that annoys me.

I stopped watching all the mainstream news channels one Sunday morning in 1998 ....  way back in the Clinton administration.   I'm email lists of news source that I trust.  

I only tune into QVC when there's a "show" on that I'm interested in .... depending on the host.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those that think of QVC as just a retailer they don't echo the same sentiments as QVC's CEO, Mike George, who also thinks about the entertainment aspect.  In an interview with Yahoo Finance this is what he had to say....

"If you think about the old stereotypical experience [of a home shopping network], it's a customer watching QVC on her TV. Today's consumer is interacting with us on multiple screens. She has her PC or tablet besides her, and probably her smart phone.

Twenty-five years ago, we pioneered the testimonial call, when the customer calls into the show to say, "I really like and used this product." Today, she might be using her PC and tablet to engage in a Facebook chat about the program, or asking us questions on Facebook or QVC.com. We're using all of the technology to engage that customer.   The formula is such that there is a little more time spent telling the stories behind the story, a little more of an entertainment focus to the programs. There's  also an opportunity to have more of a talk show format....."

Thank you "channel changers" for the reminder.....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Why not sell them when everyone in the entire world is buying?  A great opportunity for a retailer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment